Damage from Amzer snap on cover

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm 14 shades if pissed about this.. the wear is not limited to the back cover, it's also on the sides of the device which can't be fixed by buying a new battery cover..

Any color will cause this wear, it's from the slight play between the cover and the phone. I've had it on for about five weeks, I noticed slight indication about two weeks who but thought it was color transfer, not wear.

ae9b2b60-d701-c5cd.jpg

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk Pro.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
THAT FREAKING SUCKS!!!! Before you install another case get the Zagg full body shield.... I don't use a case at all but I do have the Zagg shield on the back (I removed the screen protector though and am just naked on the screen)

Sorry to hear/see that is what happened with a case.... I always figured the phone looked and felt great with out one so I have never had or used a case at all......

Marley

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
HOLY CRAP! I would be so P-O'd right now. I am so sorry to see that happened. I would definitely contact them about this - let us know what they say. Thanks for giving a heads up - won't be getting this! :confused::confused::confused:

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure Amzer won't be willing to replace my Evo, but I will contact them regarding the issue. A new back will take care of most of the issue, but like I said, it's worn on the sides too.

Thanks for all your condolences... I take immaculate care of my devices so this makes me sick to my stomach. I will take the suggestion to cover the back with a Zagg or the like before I use another case. Whoever said the Evo feels good without a cover, I agree...and I was carrying it like that. I just wanted a little more girly look so I got the Amzer cover. Now I'm wishing I had gotten the white Evo when I had the chance. Oh well.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Last edited:

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Gekko,

I've had expensive cases wear phones too, so your theory is bunk.
But thanks for playing! ;)

I appreciate the links. Unless the case is felt lined, it's going to cause this problem, and what about the apparent thin layer of paint on the unit?! C'mon, this shouldn't be happening.

PS, that Innocase is the ugliest thing I've ever seen.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Gekko,

I appreciate the links. Unless the case is felt lined, it's going to cause this problem, and what about the apparent thin layer of paint on the unit?! C'mon, this shouldn't be happening.

If you want to "Girl it up" to match your wonderful nail polish you could always go this route and keep the original feel of the EVO...

Skinit.com: Phone Skins, Laptop Skins, iPod Skins, Gaming Skins: Personalization on Demand

HTC Evo Skins by DecalGirl - Stylish Protective Skins for the HTC Evo including HTC Evo Skins and custom HTC Evo decals

The Decalgirl.com ones are pretty cool and you probably wouldn't even need a replacement door for your EVO... Just Skin it and go.... The design will cover up 99.9% of the damage from the Amzer case....

Good Luck...

ArkAngel06

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Gekko,

They definitely wont cause wear, the inner level is really soft rubber, but the outer shell is hard plastic so it doesn't feel mushy in your hands.

This is the one I have, and love the way it looks, and feels.

Innocase Active For use with HTC EVO 4G - Pearl White

TheOpusFuller

May 28, 2010
www.Germanity.com
Pwned....

I've made posts on here and spoke about it many times that cases damage phones. They may cause protection against drops but dust and grime get in between the case and the phone and rub. Rubbing therefore causes damage. Happened to me and I got a replacement thanks to other manufacturer issues with light leakage.

Learn from your mistake and stop using cases. I have yet to have one knick or scratch on my careless phone.

You can argue all you want about why your phone should have a case on it but at the end of the day your phone looks like junk where as mine is pristine!

Just sayin.

pwnst_r

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Pwned....

I've made posts on here and spoke about it many times that cases damage phones. They may cause protection against drops but dust and grime get in between the case and the phone and rub. Rubbing therefore causes damage. Happened to me and I got a replacement thanks to other manufacturer issues with light leakage.

Learn from your mistake and stop using cases. I have yet to have one knick or scratch on my careless phone.

You can argue all you want about why your phone should have a case on it but at the end of the day your phone looks like junk where as mine is pristine!

Just sayin.

You have a careless phone? I want one.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Pwned....

Just sayin.

I never liked cases but not because of any damage they might cause or had bad luck with cases.... I just think HTC, Apple, Motorola, Nokia..... Samsung.... They all spend a lot of time and money to design a phone that looks and feels great right out of the box.... Putting a case just adds bulk and changes the look and feel.

If you want a more custom look I say go with the Skin instead. It will give you a paper thing film of protection but allows you to get a more custom look to your phone...

If you want to add a case that is fine too.... It's your phone you can do with it what you want.... I have friends who are Aircraft Mechanics with iPhones and they have the Otter Box case on their phones and I understand that because those guys drop and knock their phones around a lot. If your worried your going to damage your phone then spend the extra money and get the Seidio Active or the Otter Box case so your physically protecting the phone. Most other cases are 90% for look with very little physical protection other than against some scratches....

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
You guys are great, thank you for the suggestions, I really like the decalgirl stuff, especially the "brushed" steel look.. the cool part about the snap on cases was that I could change them to match my outfit, it's something girls like to do...:):) a cell phone is like an accessory now, it's an extension of my hand, I like it to look good. I may just go to WWW.letscrystalit.com ....pretty!!!

FicTioN

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I would definitely contact amzer about your damaged phone and give them hell. The only option you have now to hide your once sexy phone is to put that case or a different case on it in the mean time. Sorry to see this happen to anyone. I hope the will compensate you some how. Thanks for sharing this with the rest of us so we don't have the same thing happen us.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
You guys are great, thank you for the suggestions, I really like the decalgirl stuff, especially the "brushed" steel look.. the cool part about the snap on cases was that I could change them to match my outfit, it's something girls like to do...:):) a cell phone is like an accessory now, it's an extension of my hand, I like it to look good. I may just go to Swarovski Crystal Cell Phone Faceplates, Accessories, Bling Ipod Cases, Crystal Sidekick ....pretty!!!

Oh don't bedazzle your phone.....

Good luck... Hopefully Amzer will get you a new back plate... and I do fully understand.. I have a wife and two daughters and they have to have every thing matched up... Nails, Cloths, shirts, pants, hair clip, belts, shoes.... Good lord... I get in trouble all the time for not matching up when I just try to put on Jeans, T-Shirt and my flip flops.... Geez...

Mom2Ninjas

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Pwned....

Just sayin.

Wow... This was helpful.... LOL

Cases help keep the lens from resting on surfaces... Maybe try a gel skin case? Clean it periodically inside and outside... Like I do... Mine is pristine...