I can't figure out the problem..

reeper55

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Ok my problem is that my normal HTC clock/weather widget stopped aquiring location. I have a Airrave at home (massachusetts) and when I am home it shows that I'm in Queens. I know that is normal. But now no matter where I am it just stays showing my weather location as Queens.
It first did this a few weeks before Froyo update. It did that and I also was unable to check for phone updates, my phone would just stay stuck in the searching loop, it would never say no update available. So for me to update to Froyo I had to do a hard reset. After I reset I was fine it showed my correct location in the weather widget and i was also able to search for the update. I did the update and everything was fine until a week ago. I am back to the weather widget being stuck and for haha's I tried to search for a phone update ....and sure enough it just hangs in the search loop forever and never ends its search.
Anyone have any idea what may be causing this. My phone is NOT rooted or hacked in any way nor have I side loaded apps of any kind.

dwhitman

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
A couple long shots you might check:

From your home screen, hit menu:settings:accounts and sync:weather

1. is "sync weather" checked?
2. click account settings. Is the update schedule set to a long time interval?

reeper55

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Come on, I know you smart guys are out there! I'd rather not have to go to a Sprint Store and sit there for 2 hours so they can tell me there is nothing wrong.

SdotJ

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Sadly its the airrave at fault here. Had the same issues as you with my evo weather widget showing charlotte bc even though im in sc. To my knowledge there's no fix for that issue while using the airrave. I will find you someone info on the issue because I know there a better explanation out there.

Last edited:

reeper55

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I dont have a problem with it if it was only while I was on the airiave. But it wont change when I am away from it. It worked fine for most of the time. And I KNOW if I did a hard reset all would work again....but for how long?

reeper55

May 12, 2010
Visit site
No Root, it did it a few weeks BEFORE froyo and then I did the hard reset and all was fine and stayed fine till about a week ago.

Quick Storm

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
My evo does that too. It started happening after froyo update. Phone is stock, no root. Doesn't matter if the task manager is installed or not. Even if I check the update automatically tab to being the weather back it will go away after a while. What gives?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

SdotJ

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
its a cell phone, not a weather station
Wow that's news. Smh anyway I have found a possible solution over at htc's support forums. http://community.htc.com/na/htc-forums/android/f/94/t/2976.aspx?PageIndex=2 check out the last reply to the thread. Hopefully this helps.

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Try The Weather Channel app and widgets. It's in my avatar. You can set the location you want it to show. The radar is also better.

As to the Airave GPS issue, try plugging the external GPS back in and let the external GPS look out a window for a day or so that it can re-acquire your location. Long-term just plug in the external GPS antenna and leave it on top of the Airave. The internal GPS is awful.

Last edited: