So just how well has the Evo sold?

SdotJ

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Its strange Sprint has not talked about the evo sales at all lately. So are we to believe that its doing well ? I would say yes because outside of the Droid branding its becoming just as popular imo. Or is it only a hit in the forums.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Seeing as how they can't keep it in stock, and those that come in go out right away, I would say it is selling pretty darn well.

Where do you get the 300K number? I would assume better than that.

KDiz

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Buddy of mine works at sprint's HQ and told me last week they've sold 600,000 4G phones in June-July. Well there's only one 4G phone so....

KDiz

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Maybe but we were talking specifically about phones. I'm on his Advantage Plan and been asking about when we're going be getting the EVO. They just had their employee event with the Epic and was telling me about it. Then he went into numbers about 4G phones - their original plan to sell for the year, what they have thus far, and what they now expect to sell in the 3Q.

rawvega

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm on his Advantage Plan and been asking about when we're going be getting the EVO.

So did he ever tell you when Advantage Club members will finally be able to order the Evo, or the Epic for that matter? :mad:

Last edited:

KDiz

May 17, 2010
Visit site
So did he ever tell you when Advantage Club members will finally be able to order the Evo, or the Epic for that matter? :mad:

not on the EVO. he did say the Epic should be available to us in September, but i'm skeptical. i'd like to believe it.

Caitlyn McKenzie

May 17, 2010
Visit site
There is no way to know how many have been sold. All numbers posted in here are nothing more than rumor ("my buddy", "someone at Sprint told me", etc). Sprint is known for never ever releasing sales numbers for ANY of their phones. They did it with the Pre, they did it with the EVO, and they'll do it again with the Epic.

Flip

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
I knw they're doing well, they're always sold out n our local sprint store sales told me they've been getting a lot of new customer fr ATT n that everyday they get a shipment n it doesn't last an hr n that's the corporate store, I keep on finding more n more useful apps too which makes me love this phone even more, I love that tikl app just like an Nextel

dj2big

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
I called a best buy and I asked if the list was long for the Samsung Epic, they only had 2 people on it. I think Sprint is going to dump the epic on everyone and forget the EVO. A EVO revamp is going to Verizon and if it has the same specs but a better screen it will become the phone to have.

gbm85

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
not on the EVO. he did say the Epic should be available to us in September, but i'm skeptical. i'd like to believe it.

The Epic is not going to fly off the shelves like the EVO does. I wouldn't be surprised if AC gets it before the end of September.

intheb0x

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Advantage wont be getting the evo for a long time from what i heard...

advantage is nuts, no credit check or contract?

thats great..

rawvega

May 18, 2010
Visit site

The Epic is not going to fly off the shelves like the EVO does. I wouldn't be surprised if AC gets it before the end of September.

I hope that you guys are correct. It's total BS on Sprint's part that they won't let Advantage Club (or employees) order an Evo. Yes, Advantage Club does get the service at a discount, but it ain't free and we pay the same for phones as everyone else, and we still have to do the mail-in rebate thing, plus we still have to pay the $10 Premium Data Fee, so why hold it from us for three months (and counting)? :mad:

At this point, I prefer the Epic anyway, so if the Sprint overlords :rolleyes: are kind enough to let us pay our hard earned money and obtain the Epic sometime in September, I will be content...for the moment at least. ;)

/rant off

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I hope that you guys are correct. It's total BS on Sprint's part that they won't let Advantage Club (or employees) order an Evo. Yes, Advantage Club does get the service at a discount, but it ain't free and we pay the same for phones as everyone else, and we still have to do the mail-in rebate thing, plus we still have to pay the $10 Premium Data Fee, so why hold it from us for three months (and counting)? :mad:

At this point, I prefer the Epic anyway, so if the Sprint overlords :rolleyes: are kind enough to let us pay our hard earned money and obtain the Epic sometime in September, I will be content...for the moment at least. ;)

/rant off

Yeah I don't understand it either.... I have a good friend who works for Sprint and travels around to different Sprint stores training employees on New Phones... He gets the latest and greatest all the time but not for personal use.. he said he couldn't get an EVO for personal use for a while.. Might be end of the year if by then... and yet with my corporate discount through Boeing Aerospace I don't pay much more than he does as a Sprint Employee...

bkrodgers

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I think the key point is that it's sold as well as it is physically capable of selling. Sprint and HTC clearly either underestimated demand and (maybe or) have legitimately been hit by supply chain constraints somewhere. There's no way that it possibly could have sold any better than it has, given the supply constraints.