Bluetooth calls & lock screens troubles!

mynetdude

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I have a non A2DP bluetooth/audio device that works with my hearing aids so I am sure it has something to do with the way this works but in any case bluetooth itself should work like any other bluetooth device that is not A2DP capable.

I receive an incoming call, the lock screen shows the caller's name and phone number, I don't recall having this until I put on widget locker. This is fine, the problem is when I answer the call I can hear the bluetooth tone through my audio device/hearing aids letting me know an incoming call is inbound but when I try to answer it, nothing happens no audio comes through.

I noticed that the only way to answer the call is on the bluetooth enabled device itself (it has the red/green telephone buttons on it) I can press the green button and it will override the lock screen and answer the call, but I don't always want to do that. It seems that the EVO needs "feedback" from the device to initiate a two way process whereas an inbound call is only one way so if I answer on the EVO then the two way process is not initiated because I didn't answer on the BT device itself.

When I make an OUTBOUND call I can hear everything including the ringing on the other line and the person on the other line up to the point the call gets disconnected obviously.

Is there any way to answer calls and still get bluetooth two way xmit even if I answer on the EVO rather than on the BT device? How would an A2DP headset handle this? I am looking to buy one so I can listen to media in addition to phone calls rather than phone only.

TIA :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois