Ways to Watch Live TV (NFL GAMES) on EVO by Sprint!

dccatfan

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
This has been talked about a lot but I still don't know how I am going to watch the NFL games on my phone (I work most Sundays so this is critical for me!)

Slingbox - I guess this is an option, where you can basically watch your TV from home on your laptop or cell phone if you have a broadband connection. It sounds cool but it's expensive and a lot of reviews mention quality and reliability issues.

Verizon - ok, we have Sprint phones so this is not an option

Direct TV - supposedly if you have the NFL package, you can download an app to work on the EVO but I don't have Direct TV nor would I want to pay for the NFL package since I will never get to use it.

ATDHE.net - I tried this for some preseason games and I couldn't get it to work for the most part...I got some commercials to load, but that's about it. Anyway, it's not reliable.

Just-In TV - I found they have a beta app for EVO (and I actually have it installed) but it's only for broadcasting your own channel from your phone, not watching other broadcasts. That sucks but I wonder if there is an app coming out soon?

Sopcast? I have no idea

Anyway - I really hope someone can come up with a good way to watch NFL games on our EVO. Please post some good info here. Thanks!

Raf

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
This irks the heck out of me. How is there not an app to watch live TV in your area. Surely with these great devices someone could create an app that acts as an antenna with a tuner that would let us receive the signal and thus watch live TV. That's all I ask for. I don't need premium channels....just local channels will do.

This NFL games watch fix encompasses all sports really. For Monday Night Football games, there's SprintTV with ESPN. For NFL Network games....well, just like most others even outside of the smartphone realm, those without premium channels in their subscriptions or available to their provider...NFL Network aired games are out of the picture. I'd be cool with that.

Call it TV app...I don't care. All we need is something as simple as it acting as a standalone DTV.

seraphemz

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
This has been talked about a lot but I still don't know how I am going to watch the NFL games on my phone (I work most Sundays so this is critical for me!)

Anyway - I really hope someone can come up with a good way to watch NFL games on our EVO. Please post some good info here. Thanks!

Check out the app LIVE TV. They stream local channels... at least here in Los Angeles they do.

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
This irks the heck out of me. How is there not an app to watch live TV in your area. Surely with these great devices someone could create an app that acts as an antenna with a tuner that would let us receive the signal and thus watch live TV. That's all I ask for. I don't need premium channels....just local channels will do.

This NFL games watch fix encompasses all sports really. For Monday Night Football games, there's SprintTV with ESPN. For NFL Network games....well, just like most others even outside of the smartphone realm, those without premium channels in their subscriptions or available to their provider...NFL Network aired games are out of the picture. I'd be cool with that.

Call it TV app...I don't care. All we need is something as simple as it acting as a standalone DTV.

I imagine that there isn't enough room to fit a DTV tuner circuitry inside of a cell phone. The FM tuner is probably done via software, but there's too much information in a DTV signal to expect the phones processor to do it.

I know people hate carrying extra devices, but there are pocketable TVs out there for less than $100 which are a viable solution.

dougeetx

Pimpin' Ain't Easy
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I found "Live TV" from Miguntu Labs in the marketplace. I haven't tried it but it claims to be able to see the big networks including cnn, discovery, etc.

HYDE

Banned
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
it works. I downloaded it and it works GREATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!
you have to have the 4g off when you first install it. And if you have any previous versions downloaded, you must erase it first, then click the link and reinstall.
(Thank me when you do it. Trying to get my ranks up!)

http://www.xeudoxus.com/android/nfl.apk

Yes, we know...

http://forum.androidcentral.com/android-applications/33829-nfl-app-cracked-now-working.html

By the way, Verizon already shut it down.

mrcam216

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site

It's not shut down. I downloaded the program this morning and used to watch the NFL network. The program is working fine. I would suggest trying it before saying it is shut down.
I would take a picture of the app working, maybe by a picture of Pres. Obama talking on television, but i dont know where my digital camera is at.

jeffreykime

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Worked well for me as well. If you read the xda forums you'll see that they have done some good work to get around the issues that were shutting it down initially.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
It's not shut down. I downloaded the program this morning and used to watch the NFL network. The program is working fine. I would suggest trying it before saying it is shut down.
I would take a picture of the app working, maybe by a picture of Pres. Obama talking on television, but i dont know where my digital camera is at.

Agreed. It works. I'm using it right now.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Mine got shut down. When I open it, it says "NFL content can only be viewed by active Verizon users"

I just downloaded it early and I was able to watch the highlights and post game conferences. Maybe they haven't detected mine but it's currently still working. Try uninstalling and reinstalling it. See if that helps.