[Q]SD Card Issue

Ky1e.YC

May 14, 2010
Visit site
guys, just had something not good last night. seems i have some bad block or segment on my sd card now. the "syndrome" is quite simple, i noticed there is one folder in the sd card i cannot open, cannot delete(when i mounted sd on the pc), cannot operate, when i eject the disk from pc, evo shows sd card mount as read-only. According to my pc experience, i should do some disk scan and fix, right? Thank god i had everything backup last weekend. Anyways, I was wondering if there were any pc software you guys suggest particular for sd card scan and fix, or i can use some universal ones?

Last edited:

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I don't know of any special scan and fix tools for the SD card, but if you don't mind erasing everything and re-loading from your backup, I would consider formatting the card with the proper formatting program.

Panasonic SD Formatter

That link is to the proper program that should be used to format SD cards. The standard format option in Windows will work, but this program is more complete and it is to the SD standard. Some have noticed formatting with this program to help with speed and reliability.

Ky1e.YC

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I don't know of any special scan and fix tools for the SD card, but if you don't mind erasing everything and re-loading from your backup, I would consider formatting the card with the proper formatting program.

Panasonic SD Formatter

That link is to the proper program that should be used to format SD cards. The standard format option in Windows will work, but this program is more complete and it is to the SD standard. Some have noticed formatting with this program to help with speed and reliability.

really appreciate it man, guess i might do this. Since i just rooted, wipe completely sd card sounds not bad idea.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463