Not jumping ship

sasha

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I see there are a lot of people jumping ship for the Epic. I on the other hand am sticking with my Evo! I use to feel the need to run out and buy whatever the newest phone was that hit the market, always feeling that the one I purchased j prior to that was in some way inferior to the new one not this time! Although I think the Epic is a beautiful phone it doesn't have enough going for itself to make me want to leave my Evo, and pay full price for a phone with a couple extra features, and a few less features then my Evo.

Mom2Ninjas

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I imagine those that are jumping ship are really more attracted to the keyboard... My hubby got his Epic today. He prefers a hard keyboard and I do not.

It is all about preferences.

dkotoric

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
ya I would not even consider getting the Epic and I'm actually within 30 day to exchange mine at sprint but the Epic in my opinion is probably one of the ugliest Android phones on the market and personally I had SIDE slide out keyboards.

freddyc

May 6, 2010
Visit site
True. Both devices are at the top of the food chain. There are some differences spec-wise, but it pretty much boils down to keyboard or no keyboard.

sasha

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I imagine those that are jumping ship are really more attracted to the keyboard... My hubby got his Epic today. He prefers a hard keyboard and I do not.

It is all about preferences.

True and some just love to have whatever the newest phone is not saying all but some I use to be in that category till I realized how rich I was making Sprint! LOL

Stokes

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I'd much rather have the .3 inches of screen real estate as opposed to the Keyboard. Never a fan of 'em anyway. I could've gone either way quite honestly, but I went Evo in the end. Other than the keyboard, the only reason I'd get the Epic is because of the uncapped FPS, but it's not a real concern for me anyway.

Raf

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
EVO, it's awesome. Besides...the name is also cooler, IMO. Just hearing "EVO" randomly out there and anyone with a faint idea of phones will know what was said or murmored. Meanwhile if "Epic" is heard....what comes to mind first is "something was epic" or "wonder what he/she was talking about that was epic".

EVO is indentifible much easier in my opinion. As easy as iPhone. Believe it or not, it makes a difference.;)

syphex

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I was lucky. I got my wifes Evo through craigslist pretty cheap because they were going to the Epic.

I think the biggest draw is the physical keyboard. Girls especially that I have noticed like physical keyboards (mostly because nails don't work to well on screen keyboards.) :)

wase4711

May 1, 2010
Visit site
its funny how many people, including myself, never thought they would get used to a non physical keyboard; but now, I can't imagine ever going BACKWARDS to a physical keyboard again...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18