Get a 4G now, or wait for better results later?

Coffeeman27

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Is it worth it to get a 4G phone now, or to wait? is it worth the cost when 4G coverage is not as good as current 3G coverage? I could put that extra money into a musc subscription or to a movie membership of some kind.

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Well, you'll have to take a look at a coverage map and see if you have it where you are. That said, the maps say that I'm in an area that should have good coverage indoors, but it's hit or miss.

I'd say if the cost is an issue and you're happy with your current phone, just wait.

capnhowdy18

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Is the 4g service alone worth it? Depends on the coverage in your local area and you use. I get ok service here, but I hardly ever turn it on.

Is the phone worth the $10 premium? Hell ya. Sprint doesn't have a phone that compares(Well maybe the Epic, but same deal there).

volwrath

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
My EVO sits at work on 4G all day. Today they were working on the wimax towers and no 4G was lighting up on my phone :( . The internet was slow and I was lost hehe. Thankfully by the end of the day, the 4G was back up and I nailed a 6Mbps download speed test. I lovvee it. Oh and 4G isnt official yet here in Nashville

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
i don't know your finances, but it sounds like 10 per month is relevent to you.

i guess it boils down to if you want a bad *** phone or you are ok with a lesser phone

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Is it worth it to get a 4G phone now, or to wait? is it worth the cost when 4G coverage is not as good as current 3G coverage? I could put that extra money into a musc subscription or to a movie membership of some kind.

what phone are you using now?

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

If your all ready on Sprint and the $10 is a concern then "NO" it's not really worth it in most markets right now. The EVO is a pretty darn good 3G phone as is and your not going to find many high end smart phones for less than $200 on contract. I switched from AT&T and the iPhone and my bill is nearly 1/2 what I had to pay with AT&T..... So for me the switch to Sprint and the EVO (Even with the $10 tax) was a heck of a deal.

and I don't live in a so called "4G Area" I get a 4G signal around Nashville but if you roam outside of the Metro area you lose it and using 4G all day long with out a power source is going to destroy your battery fast. I only switch on 4G in area's I know I can get 4G and I am looking to download or upload a bunch of pictures or video... Other than that Sprints 3G network handles basic internet browsing like a champ....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2