my evo cracked, my possible exit

blupit30

May 21, 2010
Visit site
so after having sd card issues with my evo for about a month now. no one at sprint could fix this issue. i did by replacing the factory card with a 16gb kingston. now it works great. but then i drop it today. see pix. sprint store tells me if the screen wasnt cracked they could replace by tomorrow. but i would have to use assurion since it was. well assurion tells me that they cant get me a phone cause its on back order! but wants me to pay the 100 now. being an insurance company they should have them already stocked for this kind of situation. on hold now with acct. services. if i have to wait for assurion to get off their a$$es then i will prob defect. i preorded the evo and was one of the first to get it. im not an anal person but i believe since ive paid insurance for 9 yrs and only used it 2 times. they should take care of me. thats why we pay insurance. sorry for the rant...
Josh Davis's Photos | Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1163862&l=885880fe31&id=1612817136
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1163865&l=73e97a90b1&id=1612817136

Last edited:

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
The insurance companies do not have their own stock of phones to send you, they grab them straight from thr manufacturer and send them to you. If the manufacturer is backordered, everyones back orderded. For instance, if you use geico, or allstate, or whoever for your car insurance, do you think they just have a warehouse full of all the different kind of cars people insure? Nope. When you make a claim, they have to order you one and then send it to you

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

bjb_nyj101

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
In the meantime, doea Sprint offer a replacement phone? What were the options they gave you?

I'm interested in this as well.
Usually, if Asurion doesn't have your phone in stock, they will offer you a "comparable model"... In this case, the only other option I see would be an Epic 4G. Did they mention any of this to you? If not, call them up and ask them.

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I'm interested in this as well.
Usually, if Asurion doesn't have your phone in stock, they will offer you a "comparable model"... In this case, the only other option I see would be an Epic 4G. Did they mention any of this to you? If not, call them up and ask them.

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G

This ^

Ask what phone they can replace it with since the EVO is back ordered.

blupit30

May 21, 2010
Visit site
no "loner" phone ... my evo is the only option. i paid the deductible. just alot of frustration on my part. and my phone is available just on back order so the wont send me any other phone.

phone insurance is totally dif than car insurance.

KDiz

May 17, 2010
Visit site
so what you're saying is since they don't have the phone 'in-stock,' they shouldn't offer insurance on the EVO?

let's pretend that is the case. so EVO owners wouldn't have insurance on the phone right now. it breaks. you have a broken phone with no insurance because they shouldn't cover a phone they don't have 'in-stock.' what do you do now?

it sucks for sure, but it's not their fault they don't have enough phones to go around.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
insurance companies don't keep phones in stock - they simply insure the financial risk. and there's nothing in the contract you signed which guarantees you an immediate replacement if the phone is out of stock. if your phone is just cracked but still working - you're going to have to just suck it up and wait for your replacement. if not working you can buy a cheap dumbphone from ebay or craiglist or best buy to hold you over. i kept my old Centro as a backup.

i will advise you though that a little schmooze goes a long way and "it's easier to catch more flies with honey than gall" when dealing with the insurance company.

good luck.

p.s. get a case.

youngzayiles

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Yeah it sucks but its not really their fault and u cant expect them to give him a epic... I do think that they should give a loaner phone though just to keep the customer happy... Dumbphones are plentiful now days..

imtravis

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
I recently had mine replaced, and it was to me within 5 business days (I called on a Sunday, and had it that Thursday)..

skife

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Yeah it sucks but its not really their fault and u cant expect them to give him a epic... I do think that they should give a loaner phone though just to keep the customer happy... Dumbphones are plentiful now days..

its hard to give out a loaner phone for an asurion claim, what sort of guarantee do we have that you will bring us our loaner phone back?

we've went through quite a few loaner phones for this very reason.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
its hard to give out a loaner phone for an asurion claim, what sort of guarantee do we have that you will bring us our loaner phone back?

we've went through quite a few loaner phones for this very reason.

auto insurance companies give rental insurance while they fix a car.

since we're talking about phones and not cars though, i'd why not just send pre-paid postage for return of the loaner and if you don't get it back in 30 days ask sprint to charge the account for the price of the phone until it's returned.

for all the phones they insure i doubt they're going broke over losing dumb phone loaners...

skife

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
auto insurance companies give rental insurance while they fix a car.

since we're talking about phones and not cars though, i'd why not just send pre-paid postage for return of the loaner and if you don't get it back in 30 days ask sprint to charge the account for the price of the phone until it's returned.

for all the phones they insure i doubt they're going broke over losing dumb phone loaners...

we don't go broke over losing loaner phones, we are limited to loaners though.

you do know that the cheapest phone you can buy from sprint right now is around $220 right?

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
we don't go broke over losing loaner phones, we are limited to loaners though.

you do know that the cheapest phone you can buy from sprint right now is around $220 right?

I thought it was common place for ausorin to deal with refurb phones? which can be had for WAY cheaper than retail. I would hope a company like that isn't paying retail as well....

and even at $220, i'm sure it's affordable to keep those premiums paid every month for the life of contract, at least...

digmys

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Cracked my LCD last week (yes the LCD, not the outside glass) and asurion told me 5-7 days business days but it only took 3 and I got a BRAND NEW EVO, not a REFURB since they were currently out of refurbs.

Maybe they will send you my returned EVO with the LCD replaced as a refurb :p

sYnOnYx

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Cracked my LCD last week (yes the LCD, not the outside glass) and asurion told me 5-7 days business days but it only took 3 and I got a BRAND NEW EVO, not a REFURB since they were currently out of refurbs.

Maybe they will send you my returned EVO with the LCD replaced as a refurb :p

Brand New In Box ?

digmys

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Brand New In Box ?

Correct, with an additional asurion label on the outside of the box that had the model number and some info and said State: NEW

Everything was all sealed up and perfect, definitely worth the 3 day wait. Note however they they ONLY send out new ones when they are COMPLETELY out of refurbs and you cannot request a new one, I tried, but then I got lucky anyways! :D

Last edited:

imtravis

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
How can you tell if you ahve a refurb? I got one from Asurion last week, and it came in the retail packaging, so I'm guessing it's new (wasn't their normal just a box and battery type thing).

thegov

May 6, 2010
Visit site
my niece broke the screen on her evo and when i took it to a sprint corporate store, not a franchise store, they said she could either use insurance for 100 or they could fix the screen for 120. she could have the phone back the same day and if they messed it up or couldn't fix it they would give her a new one. (still pay the 120 though) did they give you that option?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc