hooking evo to tv

bmwguy330

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I have searched and didn't really find anything on hooking my evo up to my hdtv. I have the micro hdmi cable. But it doesn't show up on my tv. Is there a setting that need to turn on? I called Sprint and they're tech support didn't know it hooks up to the tv. Thanks for the help.

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
just for clarification--
you're attempting to view videos that you recorded, and not something like Sprint TV or webpages via the HDMI connection, correct?

there has been a few recent posts on this forum re: faulty HDMI ports which can be addressed via HTC (one year warranty) or Sprint (if you have the TEP)

thegov

May 6, 2010
Visit site
if you have an older hdtv it may not have the latest hdmi ports. you need to have hdmi version 1.4 for the evo to play on your tv

bmwguy330

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
if you have an older hdtv it may not have the latest hdmi ports. you need to have hdmi version 1.4 for the evo to play on your tv
The tv I tried it on is about 9 months old. I'll try it on my Sony when I get home.

I'm just trying to view videos that I've taken with the phone. Or movies I have on it.

Flip

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
I have searched and didn't really find anything on hooking my evo up to my hdtv. I have the micro hdmi cable. But it doesn't show up on my tv. Is there a setting that need to turn on? I called Sprint and they're tech support didn't know it hooks up to the tv. Thanks for the help.

Dude I had the same problem so no matter how old ur tv is or new u go to ur settings n HDMI out settings n change them n it will work