Sprint Mobile hotspot with 4g not working

clavodulce16

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Ok so i added the 29.99 feature on my plan. I turn on 4g on the EVO and after i'm connected 4g i turn on mobile hotspot. After doing so the EVO drops 4g and just stays on 3g. while 4g is just scanning... Called Sprint seen like everyone is clueless there.
any one else has this issue.
i'm running Froyo 2.2

clavodulce16

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Its a known issue. I could get it to work by turning both 4G and the hotspot on at the same time via the toggle widgets.

I will try this. this is bananas that Sprint dont have a clue of what is going on. They tried to feed me the bs that is bc my 4g area is still in the building process. I said no because i can connect fine on 4g is just when i put the hotspot on.

eldub1

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I think it has something to do with the froyo update. In my opinion, sprint cut out the free 4g teathering by not allowing 4g and hotspot to be on at the same time. That's the reason as soon as you turn hotspot while on 4g it starts scanning.

Last edited:

clavodulce16

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I think it has something to do with the froyo update. In my opinion, sprint cut out the free 4g teathering by not allowing 4g and hotspot to be on at the same time. That's the reason as soon as you turn hotspot while on 4g it starts scanning.

Is not free, i added the mobile hotspot for 29.99, so why shouldnt i be allow

eldub1

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
There are two things I can think of. 1 sprint allows teathering on 3g only. 2 there's a bug in froyo that's Not allowing 4g teathering for even paying customers.

Caitlyn McKenzie

May 17, 2010
Visit site
3. It's just glitching out and disconnecting because it has to reset the cellular connections when it starts hotspot.

It is possible to use 4G with hotspot in Froyo.

If you want, try turning the hotspot on first, then 4g.

clavodulce16

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
3. It's just glitching out and disconnecting because it has to reset the cellular connections when it starts hotspot.

It is possible to use 4G with hotspot in Froyo.

If you want, try turning the hotspot on first, then 4g.

done it all, even spend 1 hour on the phone with advanced tech support, she said to me she will open a ticket and forward to the proper team. She also said she search online and noticed i'm not the only person having this issue.

mobile hotspot is not allowing 4g radio to connect. it scans,connect and disconnect all within 1 or 2 seconds

deaofly

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I had it do that to me a few times. But not all the time. I only get a 4g signal if my phone is on the window in my back room. Some nights it connects with 2 bars and some its 1 bar. But the hotspot feature works with 3g and 4g, but sometimes it gives me a problem with 4g.

R1_Rydah

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
I sometimes get errors when I use the hotspot toggle widget... But when I go; (from the homescreen) menu> settings> wireless & networks> and enable the hotspot that way, it always works...

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz