Help: problem with 4g

jpdaballa

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I started having 4g problems about a week ago, i would get no signal whatsoever then i went and tested on my dads evo, turned on his 4g and bam he got a signal...

I haven't rooted my phone or anything and even tried hard resetting as well as running ruu

any suggestions?

jpdaballa

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
i went into my 4g settings and under 4G it says scanning, then it says connecting then i see it disconnects and goes back to scanning

jpdaballa

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
just read a thread on xda developers and saw that my 4g mac address does not match the 4g mac address that was behind my battery door.... i have no idea how this could of happened and the steps to fix it are insane

myrcgarage

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I had the same issue couple days ago. I called Sprint and they reset/updated something on my EVO. After that, I was able to connect without issue. Give them a call and they should be able to help you.

jpdaballa

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
the only problem with that is i am not in an offical 4g state so i hope they dont use that against me, now i am calling sprint

i got transferred 4 times only to hear we have to get you a new evo, after 2 hard resets and 3 different techs saying huh?

lol its not there fault though i didn't no anything about 4g mac addresses either... i just hate getting asked to hard reset

now to wait for this backorder shenanigans to finish so i get sent an evo :mad:

Last edited:

Bigfire

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Yeah the only problem I am having is that I'm paying for 4G service that won't apparently light up for 2 more years in NE WI.

Sorry just a quick rant....blaming it on coming back to work today!

jpdaballa

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Yeah the only problem I am having is that I'm paying for 4G service that won't apparently light up for 2 more years in NE WI.

Sorry just a quick rant....blaming it on coming back to work today!

damn that sucks , i wish the $30 tethering fee was bundled in with the 99$ simply everything would make things so much easier on everyones end

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12