Anwer to Gorilla Glass for the Evo

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Here is the respond from HTC after I asked if the Evo came with Gorilla Glass;

Dear Jesse ********,

We appreciate your interest in the Evo. Our devices for the US are made with Scratch resistant glass not Gorilla Glass. Unfortunately we cannot specify any additional information due to licensing agreements with the carriers.

To send a reply to this message or let me know I have successfully answered your question log in to our ContactUs site using your email address and your ticket number *************.

Sincerely,

Amber

HTC

So after this I decided to keep my Evo screen protector free, I noticed that its smoother and more responsive than with the old one I had ( Zagg Invisible shield)

Q-fugee

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Dear Jesse,

We have found a supplier in deepest darkest China who will clone Gorilla glass for half the wholesale price. They then float it down the Yellow River where we pick it up at our factory in the middle of the night, provided the toxic waste hasn't eaten through the barge during the trip.

Unfortunately we cannot specify any additional information due to licensing agreements with the carriers. Those agreements specify that if/when customs finds out and impounds the phone, HTC eats it, not the carrier.

Sincerely,

Amber (not my real name).

P.S. The Zagg Sheild and all its clones are just helicopter tape that they buy for one dollar per fifty yard roll, which they then cut up and sell to you for over one hundred dollars per foot. They make it right next door to the fake gorilla glass.

Reactions: verwon

DougB541#CB

May 15, 2010
Visit site
The amount of cracked iPhone 4 screens i've seen tells me gorilla glass doesn't mean s**t really. Its just the luck of the drop.

Dyster

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Iphones don't use GG

They use something similar, but not the Corning product. The Moto Droids and Galaxy S phones use GG. :cool:

feet

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I've got a few very faint spider web like scratches on my glass.

I think its mostly from random stuff floating around in my pocket with it. I've also walked around with it in my pocket for a few minutes before I realized my keys were in there too. :eek:

frankie945

May 21, 2010
Visit site
I call BS on scratch proof screen. I have 3 small deep scratches on my display. U can run ur finger nail over them and feel em. Hold it at right angle and see em.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I thought that we had already determined that if it was GG that they would be advertising the heck out of it. Corning already came out and said that they galaxy s phones have it, so why would they wait so long to announce it if the EVO had it? Don't say the carriers, because the galaxy s phones are on ALL the carriers.

It's glass. It CAN scratch. Get a screen protector. If you don't then don't whine when your scratch RESISTANT (not proof) glass scratches.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
did you see the Roman G. EVO scratch test??? i'll take my chances.

besides - it's a PHONE not a $25,000 Patek Philippe.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
That's your choice. It's a $500 phone and spending $10 on a screen protector is worth it to a lot of people.

Have you seen all the pics people have posted here with scratches on the screen? It can happen. Sand is the worst and it scratches glass like a hot knife through butter.

debitsohn

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
So after this I decided to keep my Evo screen protector free, I noticed that its smoother and more responsive than with the old one I had ( Zagg Invisible shield)

yea i had the zagg protector on for about 2 seconds. hated it, took it off, and forgot to ask for a refund. =\

stoneworrior

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
That's your choice. It's a $500 phone and spending $10 on a screen protector is worth it to a lot of people.

Have you seen all the pics people have posted here with scratches on the screen? It can happen. Sand is the worst and it scratches glass like a hot knife through butter.

You got that right. People who work inside all day have no clue. I'm in construction and if I didn't cover my screen it would be toast in a week.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance