install errors and my SD card

jnadelman

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
So previously I had never had any app install issues. When I tried to get angry birds, it would not install, I kept getting in install error. Someone suggested that I do unmount the SD, then install and then remount. That worked.

Now I am having an issue upgrading my memento app. So I tried the unmount trick and that worked for this as well.

But why is this happening? I don't want to have to unmount every time I install/update an app. Certain apps have been working fine.

Do you think it has to do with app on the phone vs apps on the card? Seems odd on that the memento app which was on the phone, wouldn't install to the phone if the SD card was mounted, but installed to the phone fine without it.

wadester

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Your MicroSD card may be failing. But before replacing it (preferably with a Class 6 or higher), try copying all of the files off to your computer, dismounting the card and reformatting it, then copying the files back. That may help.

jnadelman

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the advice, but I don't quite understand how it can be the SD card that is failing. First, the app does install when I unmount the SD card, the app was on the phone, and stayed on the phone, the SD card should have nothing to do with it. Also, I was able to update other apps that were stored on the SD card and those updated fine. Finally, I was able to save things and take pictures etc that I know 100% are on the card and not the phone.
I am backing up the card to my PC just in case, and might consider your suggestion. I'm going to wait until the next update fails.
I'm also considering uninstalling Angry Birds since the problem did not start until that was installed (although it could be unrelated)