sprint store is so lame.

eldub1

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Today I went to a sprint store in L.A. to upgrade my wife's phone to an epic. I was told the phone was on hold for a customer, and that was the last one. To sales rep wanted me to buy 2 accessories I did not need or no phone. WTF. Spoke to a manager same thing. I went to my local Best Buy. No hassle, no rebate, no problems. Best Buy rocks.

gbm85

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Sprint stores are always way too crowded. The staff don't really know **** except which phones and accessories pay the highest commission. The only time I go to one is when I need my phone serviced, or the wife needs to pick out a phone. I do all my personal purchases online or through telesales.

thekarens

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I would have made a complaint to Corporate about that store. I had the same thing when I was on a waiting list for an Evo for my son at Radio Shack. The guy called and told me it was in, but I could only have it if I bought two accessories. I told him to stuff it and complained to the district manager. I had that Evo within 2 hours of his original call.

eldub1

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Yes. And it was a corporate store it went to. If I were thinging at the time. Go ahead bought the items. Return 10 minute later for a refund.

steveh552

Trusted Member
Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
I was at a corp store the other night, I sold my Hero and the buyer wanted to activate it before paying me (understandable). Met the buyer, who drove 50 miles there and there were four associates there and only one other customer, nobody acknowledged us. I told the buyer we can drive mile down the road to the authorized sprint retailer and have no issues. Went in activated and they even transfered her contacts to the Hero for her (she did not have a google account).

Another time I went in to buy the Evo full retail, they would not sell it to me. Went to the same retailer above and walked out broke but happy.

I hate the corp stores.

eldub1

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I thought the corporate stores were suppose to be the pros. Boy was I wrong. For now on, BestBuy will be my first choice. Authorized dealer second. Verizon third.

Trust

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Today I went to a sprint store in L.A. to upgrade my wife's phone to an epic. I was told the phone was on hold for a customer, and that was the last one. To sales rep wanted me to buy 2 accessories I did not need or no phone. WTF. Spoke to a manager same thing. I went to my local Best Buy. No hassle, no rebate, no problems. Best Buy rocks.

Typical Sprint Store: Thug-ish employees who don't know anything, small tiny space with limited accessories/phones.

Now, the store I bought my Evo from? thumbs up. It's big in size, fully staffed by 5-6 people and they are well educated. (on Ventural Blvd in Studio City right next to Starbucks).

jpdaballa

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
did the same thing to me when i was buying a pre, said i need to buy a car charger and blue tooth headset lol, i told the girl to pull up my account (business acount paying about a grand a month) and said if i have to pay for the bluetooth headset and car charger i'm going to cancel all these lines and complain about this specific sprint store and give your name as well as your managers.

i ended up getting my pre :)

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
The people in the corporate stores don't seem to care much. But I try not to get upset because I'm there to get a new phone which always puts me in a good mood.

eldub1

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm a long time loyal Sprint customer. So why do they treat us like fast food? Are they hiring fired MAC Donald employees?

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm a long time loyal Sprint customer. So why do they treat us like fast food? Are they hiring fired MAC Donald employees?

Because of demands by upper managment to sell accessories. The store I previously worked at if your accessory numbers were too low, you could be written up and eventually fired.

I personally never refused to sell someone a phone if they didn't buy accessories, but as much pressure as we were under I can understand why people would.

What customers don't understand is 99% of the time you guys get upset over something it's not because of the worker, it's because of policies and practices that have been put into place by upper management, forcing employees to do certain things. Yet the front line employees are the ones that get yelled at and called morons....

Last edited:

Yourdogsdead

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Because of demands by upper managment to sell accessories. The store I previously worked at if your accessory numbers were too low, you could be written up and eventually fired.

I personally never refused to sell someone a phone if they didn't buy accessories, but as much pressure as we were under I can understand why people would.

What customers don't understand is 99% of the time you guys get upset over something it's not because of the worker, it's because of policies and practices that have been put into place by upper management, forcing employees to do certain things. Yet the front line employees are the ones that get yelled at and called morons....

I hope Sprint changes their ways. They have little else besides low pricing going for them. They don't need to be driving out customers.

evoKY

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
The guy at our Sprint store insisted to my wife that the Epic didn't have Gorilla glass and told her she needed screen protectors. She laughed at him and told him he should do a little bit more research on what he's selling.

eldub1

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site

That really is bad business. I will be going to BestBuy for now on. No pressure no problems. The only way Sprint will get my money is when I pay my bill.

meriwether#AC

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
The same thing happened to me when I bought my Evo. They demanded 2 accessories or no sale. Said it was an order from the regional manager (San Diego). I called customer service from the store, and they said it was not acceptable to make that demand, but they were unable to order the store to drop it. It was a Sprint company store, not a third party store.

I went ahead and bought the accessories, and got the last Evo in the store that they were about to give to someone else. I called customer service after I got home, and they agreed to reimburse me the cost of the accessories I bought. I just had to scan and email them the receipt. I did that, and after the 30 days passed, they credited my account. So, I ended up getting a cover and case for free.

dfine1966

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
It sounds like a lot of you are having problems with Sprint Corporate Stores on the West Coast. I live on the East Coast, and have no problems with both the Sprint Corporate Stores near me. They are very friendly and some of the employees are very knowledgeable. For example, I went into my Corporate store last week, with a problem with my EVO, hot spots on the screen. They had heard of that problem, and was able to fix the problem without any question. They replaced the screen and actually waited for me to test out the phone and make sure it was o.k for me and I was satisfied. I guess it depends on where you live and who runs your Sprint store. I have been with Sprint for 12 years, and usually have had very good luck with these stores. Don't make it out to be as bad as you say. If you don't like it, complain to the manager or to Corporate itself. I did that a few years ago when I did have a problem with the Corporate Store and the problems were fixed after my little talk. If you don't tell them, how can they fix the problem.

eldub1

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
@dfine. Don't make it out to be a bigger problem? They're the ones who tried to blackmail not just me but other people to buy sand at the beach. My problem was solved when I spent my money elsewhere. And yes I did call customer care. I seemed the could care less. What I need to know how do I speak to a person that does care. And maybe want to keep a long time customer happy.

ddunn

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
My experience was the complete opposite. I bought my wife a Samsung Intercept, which sucked, BT issues, slow, etc? She wasn?t happy with it; I wasn?t happy because I was cheap and picked it up from a 3rd party, no returns/refunds. I decided to bite the bullet and get her either the Epic or the Evo. Went to the Sprint store and told the guy flat out, I want an Evo. I couldn?t buy one because we haven?t done a pre order?.they DID have the Epics. I said fine, I?ll buy an Epic and put us on the list for the Evo. He went in the back?came back with the Evo. He called the guy twice a day for two days and he never called back?so my wife got her Evo. No muss, no fuss.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers