I need some help with my battery.
    We have 2 phones. Yesterday after 8 hours of NO use at all Battery went from totally full to 10%
    So I left the other phone on over night and it went the same amount of time and went from 70% to 62%
    What do I need to set on the bad one?
    I thought it was set up right
    09-13-2010 05:20 AM
    You could always put the phone into airplane mode, but you probably don't want that. Make sure you turn off the following:

WIFI
    4G
    Bluetooth
    Sprint Hotspot
    Always-On Mobile Data
    Auto-Sync
    Background Data

If you're rooted, get the not-free app Roam Control and press its Roam button.
    09-13-2010 06:44 AM
    I honestly think something else is going on. I left all radios on the first 24 hours after getting my Sammy and didn't see that kind of battery drain even with moderate usage. On past Android phones, I could leave wifi, Bluetooth, and GPS on at all times. I even set wifi to stay on when idle, but make 3G/CDMA turn off with the screen.

This weekend, I had the Fascinate's wifi and CDMA enabled the whole time - the last charge was Friday night. Right now the battery is at about 70-80% full.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    09-13-2010 07:11 AM
    You could always put the phone into airplane mode, but you probably don't want that. Make sure you turn off the following:

WIFI
    4G
    Bluetooth
    Sprint Hotspot
    Always-On Mobile Data
    Auto-Sync
    Background Data

If you're rooted, get the not-free app Roam Control and press its Roam button.
    All of those things were already off (from what I can tell).
    Anything else I need to check?
    I did notice that I looked at it while it was charging and the screen was on, which I found weird. I wondered if somehow the screen got turned on after the charging, so the screen on for a long period of time drained her battery.
    I checked the screen timeout and it was 1 minute.

I'm at a loss. We got the phone at Best Buy and do have their protection plan so I would assume we can get a new battery if we can prove it is defective.

I was also thinking of switching batteries between the 2 phones to see what happens, but I don't want to ruin my good battery if something on.
    09-13-2010 07:34 AM
    Go into Settings > About Phone> Battery Information.

Make sure that Awake time is not the same as Uptime, or even close. Then go to Battery Use and see what the heck was using your battery.

There is a 99.99999% chance an app is responsible.
    09-13-2010 08:12 AM
    I agree with Vincent Law. Make sure the uptime isn't the same as the awake time. I don't have my auto sync, background data or my always on data, or gps off and my battery will generally last me 2 days with light usage.

More then likely some app is doing something in the background that you aren't aware off.
    09-13-2010 08:16 AM
    Go into Settings > About Phone> Battery Information.

Make sure that Awake time is not the same as Uptime, or even close. Then go to Battery Use and see what the heck was using your battery.

There is a 99.99999% chance an app is responsible.
    What does "up time" mean vs "awake time"
    Then on the battery usage, what do we want it to be?

I just checked that phone and up time and awake time were only 2-3 minutes apart and both over 3 hours (since the phone was turned on this morning)

The usage was
    Android 81%
    Display 19%

Now what? I assume this is not good. But how do I figure out what is causing the problems?
    09-13-2010 08:55 AM
    Here are my numbers:

2d 0h 8m 27s since unplugged.
    Cell standby: 36%
    Display: 31%
    Phone idle: 25%
    Wifi: 4%
    Android System: 2%

This is with very little usage all weekend, replaced TouchWiz w/ ADW launcher, Beautiful clock and (other type) calendar widget running, and the standard VZW/Samsung bloatware that ATK can't kill (the email app cannot be killed; Gmail is in the ignore list along w/ other required apps).

Android System being higher than the display can be normal, but I've never seen it higher than cell standby. There is a task manager app that is installed out of the box... it doesn't seem to show all of the active applications that ATK does, but would be a good start without downloading a third-party task killer.
    09-13-2010 10:09 AM
    turn **** off. latitude was my major killer one day.
    09-13-2010 10:30 AM
    turn **** off. latitude was my major killer one day.
    Turn ? off???

One other note, I did notice that Beautiful Widgets' clock/weather widget will constantly use the GPS/location services if you tell it to do so. That will definitely kill a battery even at idle. So I turned that off and just set my city as a static location. If I travel somewhere else, I can just change it or use the TWC app.

I didn't use the location service in that widget very long, though.

[i]Edit: Sorry guys, I thought I was in the Fascinate subforums. But the Incredible I used since launch never had this problem and it's similar to the Evo minus 4G and the screen size. Also swap the Evo's TFT (LCD) screen for an OLED one. I always ran Sense on the Dinc with HTC's weather/clock widget and location services enabled with no adverse effects on battery life.[i/]
    09-13-2010 10:36 AM
    What does "up time" mean vs "awake time"
    Then on the battery usage, what do we want it to be?
    Up time is how long the phone has been on. Awake time is how long the phone has be "active". If your phone is not doing anything and just sitting in your pocket, its asleep. If the awake and up time are very close, that means the entire time your phone is on, its doing something.

As I expect, theres an app or setting on thats keeping your phone from sleeping. Now we need to start weeding that out.
    09-13-2010 10:41 AM
    Android System being higher than the display can be normal, but I've never seen it higher than cell standby. There is a task manager app that is installed out of the box... it doesn't seem to show all of the active applications that ATK does, but would be a good start without downloading a third-party task killer.
    Saying the android system is higher than cell standby is an understatement. There was no standby at all. Standby wasn't even listed under the usage.

How do I figure out what is eating up the battery?
    09-13-2010 10:47 AM
    Saying the android system is higher than cell standby is an understatement. There was no standby at all. Standby wasn't even listed under the usage.

How do I figure out what is eating up the battery?
    If cell standby isn't even listed then that means the cell is being used. You sure 4g isn't on? Do you have an app like map viewer that that shows you whats you network coverage but also uses your 3g to give data too? Its gotta be an app that uses your location or pulls data.
    09-13-2010 10:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD