A word to the wise....

painthouse

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I found this out the "hard way". I wanted to try to speed up my phone (EVO, unrooted, 2.2 Froyo), as it had been running sluggish, especially the calendar. I found a tip on how to delete certain calendars. While in settings, I happened to notice that in: settings, applications, manage applications, running, "Dialer Storage", you can clear the data. It was about 15mb, so I figured, "why the heck not", presuming (the dangerous part!) that it cleared out the call log/list, which had grown huge. I pressed "Clear Data", only to find out that it deleted ALL of my text history, and yet the list of made calls is still as long as it ever was! It did not remove any of them. Should I have known that would happen or is it poor labeling on Sprint / HTC / Android's part? It says "DIALER STORAGE", not "SMS STORAGE" or "TEXT STORAGE". Truly my bad, but not fun to go back to the messaging program and see everything gone. And, no, the phone is not any faster, the calendar is still like running through mud, but, thats another subject. Either way, beware. Thankfully i didn't really "need" all the old texts, but I wish I could get them back.

Take care,

Randy

Last edited:
Reactions: stonecoldjedi

bender1077

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Download the FREE app SMS Backup & Restore from the market. I back up my texts about once a week. Takes a few seconds to backup about 1000 txts. Beats running into one of these issues.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis