Browser issue

lawnchair13

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Check out an app called tinyDVR.

No support for the Panasonic BL-131, but I did find IP Cam Viewer. The "Lite" version is free, has ads and no sound. I'd hate to pay $20 ($10x2 Evos)for something I feel should be free. Not that $20 is huge, it's just the principle of the thing. I may do it anyway if I can't find a free solution. Genuine Thanks!

RTP is hardly common. In fact, it's extremely uncommon. Even moreso on a mobile device.

Anyway, if it doesn't work, it's not going to magically start working just because you really want it to. If it works on the iPhone and you absolutely cannot live without that, use it. Or get a security camera with better software. :p

Uhhh... you don't know what your talking about dude. RTP is used by almost EVERY IP based security system. It's also used for teleconferencing, and used with SIP and H.323 for voice. It is THE payload protocol for MPEG-4. RTP is in use in nearly every real time application.

As far as my BL-131 needing "better" software. It may not be "state-of-the-art" but it's no slouch and still up to date.

Um...good for the iPhone? I'm not saying anyone should or shouldn't support it natively, just that it isn't going to work on Android right now.

But I wouldn't call it a problem with a browser, it's lack of support for a niche feature that probably affects <.1% of the users out there so it's probably not worth devoting a lot time towards presently.

I guess having home security systems is a "niche" market. It's just a $9 Billion market and grew by 9% last year and is expected to do the same this year in this economy!

Thanks for all the "help"...:p

lawnchair13

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Got an update to the Fennec browser today and it works pretty good. Still no sound but I can live with that.

My only issue now is selecting webkit as my default browser for everything else. There is a setting but it doesn't seem to work (asking which browser to use every time)

Also downloaded the latest OS, 3.29... it fixed a few other peeves.

oh well...

it's a decent device, I guess.

saywut

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
BOO HOO.....

1. STOP BIATCHIN!
2. TAKE BACK THE EVOs
3. GET AN IPHONE

PROBLEM SOVLVED!

If the Iphone and Your mother-in-law's phone can do it the good! Should have done research on the Hardware before hand.

lawnchair13

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
BOO HOO.....

1. STOP BIATCHIN!
2. TAKE BACK THE EVOs
3. GET AN IPHONE

PROBLEM SOVLVED!

If the Iphone and Your mother-in-law's phone can do it the good! Should have done research on the Hardware before hand.

I convinced my wife that the Evos were an upgrade from her iphone and in a lot of areas the really are. I dig my Evo but being able to view our nanny-cam is a key functionality.

Since my original "BIATCH" I've been able to find suitable workarounds, so technically, I'm ok.

I guess my biggest "BIATCH" is the level of support offered by both Sprint and HTC. Both titled as "Advanced Technical Support" and I couldn't find a technically savvy person in the entire group. Maybe my expectations are too high but I should have been able to find someone in the group that at least understood the issue and could lead me to appropriate resources.

They took my money and treated me like garbage. I got hung up on repeatedly, I was asked "what's a protocol" and basically tossed around in hopes that I would go away for an entire day. Disrespect!

The device is one of the best I've ever had. Sprint and HTC Tech Support is absolutely the worst I've ever experienced. They represent the epitome of disrespect and what Customer Service should NOT be.. Devices and plans are not cheap and a CUSTOMER deserves better.

anyway, I found an app developer willing to work with me to see if he can get me to where I want to be with this, so resolution pending.:rolleyes:

Anyway, I'm not dissing the device. I think genuine support should be available for advanced devices like the Evo. I think Webkit 3.1 should support RTP over HTTP/Mpeg-4 over HTTP and active x and I think a developer link would be appropriate.

Bottom line, the positives on the Evo out weigh the crappy support so I'm in.

Paxter2004

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
Can you provide an update

I'm going through the same thing, EVO phone and Panasonic Cam. Where you able to ultimately address this issue. Can you share how did it? Thanks.

kwgeorge

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
Viewnetcam on Droid

Get the Fennec (Firefox) browser. Viewnetcam works perfectly on my Droid X with this browser, including the controls.
No sound, but there's not sound on the iPhone either.
Also no sound when I use Firefox on my computer either. The full capability of the viewer seems to require IE.

kwgeorge

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
Chrome

Correction. The viewnetcam system appears to work perfectly with the Desktop version of Chrome.
Any idea why that doesn't carry over to the Droid?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta