DID I BREAK THE RECORD? mobile data via android handset

dj2big

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
I read an article that Dan from Sprint has stated that Sprint is looking at tiered plans. I think they should just have a 4g 30 gig cap $10 fee and enforce it but charge a premium fee if you go over at like $5 a gig

Last edited:

r-nice

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
I read an article that Dan from Sprint has stated that Sprint is looking at tiered plans. I think they should just have a 4g 30 gig cap $10 fee and enforce it but charge a premium fee if you go over at like $5 a gig

30GB for $10? Yeah right. It'll be closer to AT&T's 2GB cap.

dj2big

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
I went from ave 1gig a month on a blackberry to 8gig a month with the EVO still visiting the same websites but using more bandwidth

dwt10

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
:(

I got 1.3 gigs on my droid x in the first month. but I checked my computer data usage and I was at 122 gigs for 1 month :)

stoneworrior

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
The way I see it Sprint is boning people like me that are not in a 4G coverage area and probably never will be. Yet I pay the extra $10.00 a month for what? They say unlimited data and WE ALL know that is bull. You are not only paying the Xtra ten but you pay for the hotspot when you could root so hats off to ya! I personally will not give them the xtra for the hotspot. And they want to call it unlimited data to justify the ten bucks, well I am putting that to the test myself ;)

jonathanlc2005

May 4, 2010
Visit site
i aint mad at you. My question is how was the mobile hotspot feature to your laptop? Was it fast? or dial-up slow??
For the price you pay a month, i would have tried to doubled it.

the truth is, im impressed with hotspot. it has some bugs but i like it and would recommend it then tethering, tethering isnt very reliable or recommended from sprint.

speeds i get and since its in the other room now, where it is at 2 bars.

the hotspot wifi range is not bad for a PDA. this apartment i swear is made of sheet metal or lead or something but when i turn hotspot on i have to move the phone because it goes 1x sometimes in the house. the wifi is perfect signal right now since its in the other room but when i left it in the car outside the house it i get 2 bars wifi. when i do it in the school it reaches both floors and some reason iphone users are always the ones who want to log into the wifi sid name : htc evo 3g/4g

what about workability? it works great but sometimes, and im not sure if its sprint or me, but the icon sometimes gets stuck with the up arrow and disconnects the internet on hotspot where i have to reset the phone like a cable modem, then again i have alot of variables and did 52 gigs

i wanted to try 4g wifi hotspot but since 4g didnt work at the airport, i didnt try it

jonathanlc2005

May 4, 2010
Visit site
The way I see it Sprint is boning people like me that are not in a 4G coverage area and probably never will be. Yet I pay the extra $10.00 a month for what? They say unlimited data and WE ALL know that is bull. You are not only paying the Xtra ten but you pay for the hotspot when you could root so hats off to ya! I personally will not give them the xtra for the hotspot. And they want to call it unlimited data to justify the ten bucks, well I am putting that to the test myself ;)

i like your spirit but thats what is going to kill unlimited, based on business POV... not mine. but i like your spirit. cant tell you what to do but i recommend mobile hotspot

Malefickus

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
Is it just me, or does using data not seem at all to be that hard? I pay for my services as well, and don't do anything that would be against the ToS.

Malefickus

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
I'm not trying to break any records. Just read the thread, and posted that showing that at least to me it doesn't seem to be that hard to do.

I don't do any P2P (limewire, frostwire, or the such), other than what is required such as when downloading various updates for World of Warcraft and such. I do a LOT of video streaming, so I'm sure that is where a vast majority of my usage comes from.

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm not trying to break any records. Just read the thread, and posted that showing that at least to me it doesn't seem to be that hard to do.

I don't do any P2P (limewire, frostwire, or the such), other than what is required such as when downloading various updates for World of Warcraft and such. I do a LOT of video streaming, so I'm sure that is where a vast majority of my usage comes from.

Ya video streaming will definitely do it. A friend of mine has his a show that's all done online. Shovio.com. He uses his Evo tethered to his laptop to broadcast. He's knocked about 40 gigs last month. Most of that is from the broadcasts. It's an hour long show 5 days a week.

stoneworrior

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
i like your spirit but thats what is going to kill unlimited, based on business POV... not mine. but i like your spirit. cant tell you what to do but i recommend mobile hotspot

When they give me 4g or reverse the $10.00 charge I will pay for hotspot. Until then they are charging me $10.00 for a service that I cannot use. when Sprint plays fair with me I will play fair with Sprint.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

charlie hustle

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Well since we are paying for the unlimited data then there shouldnt be a problem with us using so much data. Isnt that what the 10 dollars for anyways?? I barely use a gig or data, but if i do, then they could cap everyone, but not us "premium" users.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol