06-11-2017 11:47 PM
143 123 ...
tools
    44,324,768KB this month so far till the weekend but heres the reason why

streaming music
    slingbox app
    mobile hotspot:
    using sling on my computer and youtube, no P2P or anything crazy like that

so, did i break the record for android handset in a month?
    09-21-2010 10:10 PM
    jesus chris
    09-21-2010 10:27 PM
    Yup that's a lot beats anything I have seen

Later,
    Dave
    09-21-2010 10:33 PM
    That's the exact reason that AT&T puts a cap on their usage... And the same reason that Sprint will follow.
    09-21-2010 11:13 PM
    If that's all 3g data then that's a bit discouraging, but if it is mostly 4g then rack it up. Two days in Nashville and I racked up 10gb but on 3g, and no high speed available at home, I try to be as modest as possible to not add my name to the list of reasons data needs to be capped, haha.

Sent from my EVO, the true iPhone killer!
    09-21-2010 11:44 PM
    That's the exact reason that AT&T puts a cap on their usage... And the same reason that Sprint will follow.
    dude, you make me sound like a ********* did you read my post?

i am paying for mobile hotspot, not like im using rooting to get my hotspot needs

i am using my phone and my laptop

i dont think anyone realizes this unless you been with sprint for more then 5 years. remember that crummy 40 dollar PAM plan, thats what the mobile hotspot +10 fee is for. its just labeled differently, and because i dont have a tv here in FL and only here till december till i go to campus then its only temporary but i do remember last month was like 15-20gb on the phone alone

however if you add the fact im using my android phone as a modem and PAYING extra to use the unlimited feature then i believe i broke some record as the most data on an android phone

but if i wanted to be a ******, i would flaunt in february using my pre i did Sprint Data Unlimited 14,506,825 thanks to mytether without paying for it. att has always been stingi since evdo came out. now since iphone is raping the network, its looking for blood.

plus i do at time allow my hotspot to go public at the campus at times since wifi isnt always available so consider it advertising even though its 3g for now. but really ask yourselfs.... what am i really doing wrong here. im using the same app thats provided in the market and doing everything the phone does. i dont download from limewire or host gaming so exactly is different?
    09-21-2010 11:56 PM
    Who gives a ****?
    09-21-2010 11:59 PM
    Who gives a ****?
    I do. Move on if you don't like the thread.
    09-22-2010 12:13 AM

i am paying for mobile hotspot, not like im using rooting to get my hotspot needs

i dont think anyone realizes this unless you been with sprint for more then 5 years. remember that crummy 40 dollar PAM plan, thats what the mobile hotspot +10 fee is for. its just labeled differently, and because i dont have a tv here in FL and only here till december till i go to campus then its only temporary but i do remember last month was like 15-20gb on the phone alone

however if you add the fact im using my android phone as a modem and PAYING extra to use the unlimited feature then i believe i broke some record as the most data on an android phone

but if i wanted to be a ******, i would flaunt in february using my pre i did Sprint Data Unlimited 14,506,825 thanks to mytether without paying for it. att has always been stingi since evdo came out. now since iphone is raping the network, its looking for blood.

plus i do at time allow my hotspot to go public at the campus at times since wifi isnt always available so consider it advertising even though its 3g for now. but really ask yourselfs.... what am i really doing wrong here. im using the same app thats provided in the market and doing everything the phone does. i dont download from limewire or host gaming so exactly is different?
    You owe nobody an explanation. You're using the phone the way it was advertised and meant to be used while also using an incredible feature that you're paying for. Will there probably be a cap at some point? Probably. But that's not your problem. You're paying for an unlimited plan so why worry about how much data you're using? I think it's pretty awesome that you've used more data in a month than I've used all year ha ha. Glad you're enjoying the phone dude.
    JonRuh likes this.
    09-22-2010 12:14 AM
    You owe nobody an explanation. You're using the phone the way it was advertised and meant to be used while also using an incredible feature that you're paying for. Will there probably be a cap at some point? Probably. But that's not your problem. You're paying for an unlimited plan so why worry about how much data you're using? I think it's pretty awesome that you've used more data in a month than I've used all year ha ha. Glad you're enjoying the phone dude.
    i gotta admit i always look forward to whatever you gotta say. when i get up to jersey city sometime, we gotta hit a bar next few months from now hopefully

i dont think some people are doing what they are paying for and that is unlimited, look at explainthefee.com reply from sprint and BBB

Re: BBB Complaint #######, ----- ------
    Sprint Nextel Account #########
    Sprint Nextel Case ######

Dear BBB,

The inquiry referenced above has been forwarded for our review. We appreciate your assistance in bringing our customers' concerns to our attention.

In his correspondence, Mr. ******* expressed his dissatisfaction with Sprint Nextel's policy regarding the $10.00 premium data add-on associated with the new HTC EVO handset. According to Mr. *******, he feels it is an unfair business practice for Sprint Nextel to configure the aforementioned add-on associated with the HTC EVO if he is not even in a 4G coverage area to take advantage of coverage and service.
    Please note that Sprint Nextel has reviewed Mr. *******'s concerns thoroughly and appreciates his feedback regarding the $10.00 premium data add-on associated with the HTC EVO. However, the $10.00 premium data add-on is not a charge for 4G service. The $10.00 premium data add-on is for unlimited data usage while in 3G/4G Sprint network area. The aforementioned add-on represents the rich data experience that HTC EVO 4G provides whether in 3G or 4G area on Sprint's network with applications such as QIK, Sprint's TeleNav, Google Maps and Sprint Football Live, in addition to updated websites like YouTube, ESPN and Google.com.
    If Mr. ******* does not agree with the $10 premium data add-on associated with the HTC EVO, Sprint Nextel also offers handsets such as the HTC Hero, Samsung Moment, (with Android 2.1) Palm Pre, Samsung Instinct, Instinct S30, and the Instinct HD with one of our Simply Everything plans associated with data starting at $69.99 per month. Please be advised that the $10.00 premium data add-on is not associated with the aforementioned devices. Information regarding handsets, requirements, price plans, etc can be located at www.sprint.com.

If I may be of further assistance with this matter, please contact us by calling the Sprint Executive & Regulatory Services Department toll-free at 1-###-###-#### or you can contact me directly at (###)###-####. We are available Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., Central Time.

Sincerely,

Executive Services Analyst
    09-22-2010 12:18 AM

Hell yeah. I pay for tethering as well, and try my damnedest to get at least 20 GB a month outta my money. Keep on truckin!

My record since I got an Evo is 21, so you beat me by a mile!
    09-22-2010 12:20 AM
    I'm amazed you can use that much data.

FYI. Plenty of mods attending this thread.
    09-22-2010 12:31 AM
    Hell yeah. I pay for tethering as well, and try my damnedest to get at least 20 GB a month outta my money. Keep on truckin!

My record since I got an Evo is 21, so you beat me by a mile!
    I still think you should move your access point closer to the balcony

Holler!
    09-22-2010 12:35 AM
    that would be amazing if i got an article on the main page, but theres still time to have a final score later

just refreshed and have 45GB but ive been having sling on since 9 while doing other work.
    09-22-2010 12:51 AM
    Go for 50gigs!!! That would be awesome
    09-22-2010 12:59 AM
    that would be amazing if i got an article on the main page, but theres still time to have a final score later

just refreshed and have 45GB but ive been having sling on since 9 while doing other work.
    Right before it rolls over to the next month, hit me with a screenshot

jerry.hildenbrand@androidcentral.com

Can;t promise it gets published, or that it's a record, but I like seeing it and I'm gonna try.
    09-22-2010 01:00 AM

I'm here to root for someone getting what they pay for from greedy carriers lol.

And see I doubled posted. That's a paddling.

I still think you should move your access point closer to the balcony

Holler!
    I works better since Froyo turned on Wireless N. And i already moved it once. Do I look like superman? lmao
    09-22-2010 01:02 AM
    I'm on vacation in Puerto Rico. The hotel offers wifi but it's unsecured. So I've been tethering all week through the phone. Even with that I'm still not over 6gigs lol. 45 is insane lol!
    09-22-2010 01:03 AM
    Imitating Wayne & Garth "we're not worthy, we're not worthy....." party on man if I didn't have wireless card I'd be tempted to challenge ya.....lol
    09-22-2010 02:04 AM
    Holy crap 45 gb is insane I'm lucky to use 4 gb a month......

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    09-22-2010 04:34 AM
    Yes indeed! A while back I was hassled for wanting a larger uSD card to hold my music with the argument that I don't need to have the music on my phone because I should be streaming. Why eat bandwidth when you don't have to.

Sooner or later we will all be paying for the data we use (metered billing) and it can't come soon enough as far as I'm concerned. If everyone or even a goodly number of people ate data like the OP then phone service would totaling suck because the bandwidth hogs would bog the system to a crawl. Streaming music is the most obvious thing that eats data for no particular good. If you own the music why not bring it with you and NOT eat bandwidth streaming.

Movie and TV shows will be another HUGE bandwidth eater and I don't see any good way around that short of dramatically increasing the storage on your phone to 100's of GB.

We need fewer people bragging about how much bandwidth they are eating!

Brian
    r-nice likes this.
    09-22-2010 07:29 AM
    Yes indeed! A while back I was hassled for wanting a larger uSD card to hold my music with the argument that I don't need to have the music on my phone because I should be streaming. Why eat bandwidth when you don't have to.

Sooner or later we will all be paying for the data we use (metered billing) and it can't come soon enough as far as I'm concerned. If everyone or even a goodly number of people ate data like the OP then phone service would totaling suck because the bandwidth hogs would bog the system to a crawl. Streaming music is the most obvious thing that eats data for no particular good. If you own the music why not bring it with you and NOT eat bandwidth streaming.

Movie and TV shows will be another HUGE bandwidth eater and I don't see any good way around that short of dramatically increasing the storage on your phone to 100's of GB.

Brian
    I understand your point, but the phone companies aren't saints either. . .

I remember seeing a calculation done looking at text message pricing (without a text inclusive plan) and for the 10 cents a message of only 160 characters, the $/byte was more than it costs NASA to download data from the Hubble telescope in outer space.

I would also say that without demand, infrastructure wouldn't be updated.
    09-22-2010 08:03 AM

Brian
    You do realize that if you don't use gobs and gobs of data, metered billing is going to be better for you cost standpoint?

While it's nice to never have to worry about how much data you're using, am I the only one that is slightly irked that I have to pay the same amount for data as someone that uses 15-20 (I average around 1.5 GB/mo) times as much? Doesn't seem fair to me.

And nothing against the OP, it's unlimited so have at it. But I would much prefer to be charged for what I use, not what I could theoretically use.

Before anyone says it, I do use the crap out of my phone, I just happen to be in a WiFi range 80% of the time.
    09-22-2010 08:33 AM
    This sounds like a challenge!!!!!!!

I'm calling Sprint now to sign up j/k I'm not BUT i think it would be a great idea for some people who are actually paying for the wifi hotspot feature (NOT ROOT USERS ON BARNICLE OR WIFI TETHER) to ring out in this thread and let us know how much data you're using.

Oh, and no fibbing. Pictures or it didn't happen!
    09-22-2010 08:33 AM
    that's a **** ton of data. the gf typically runs right around 2 gigs with alot of streaming radio.

i typically run 1-1.5 gigs.
    09-22-2010 08:58 AM
143 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD