Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
thumb_550_sprint-updates.PNG

Boom.

r-nice

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Awesome! Thanks Philbert.

EDIT: I wonder if this improve performance of the phone when 4G is turned on. Right now, it's crap.

Last edited:

SdotJ

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
This is great news. Wow HTC is moving quickly to keep the Evo up and running smoothly. Just hope this dosent screw something else up.

rockdrummersrock

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I've been following this since it got posted a few days ago as rumor. What exactly do they mean when they say a GPS reboot/fix for it? I have used my GPS and it appears to be functioning perfectly. What is this fix addressing?

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Hey Phil could their be a new video once the cap is lifted? Graphic benchmarks between that and the Epic, maybe even Droid X in there to?

drjb74

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I've been following this since it got posted a few days ago as rumor. What exactly do they mean when they say a GPS reboot/fix for it? I have used my GPS and it appears to be functioning perfectly. What is this fix addressing?

I emailed HTC with this same question. I am having rebooting issues with my EVO with the GPS. I am waiting for their response as we speak.

drjb74

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Here is the response from HTC:

Thank you for your reply. Again, I currently have no official information regarding any update for the 3.29.651.5. This may be an update being pushed out by Sprint, in which case you may want to contact them for more information. If and when this update is made available, there will be information provided as to what the update will include in the message on your device if it comes over the air, or on our website at HTC Mobile Phone Support - HTC EVO™ 4G (Sprint) - Downloads.

This person at HTC says the update is from Sprint. My guess is they are not saying anything about it until it actually starts rolling out.

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
So any word on how the cap is removed? Is it by the way that's already being done witch is by increasing the refresh rate or is it another way?

maduhbee#AC

May 31, 2010
Visit site
damn! I just rooted my EVO a couple weeks back! Oh well, back to stock if this is true! The only reason why I rooted was for the 30 fps cap. WOW, what a difference it makes in UI experience, finger tracking is almost spot on (still lags a little behind, but not quite iphone 4 spot on) and oh yeah, games run better too :)

Stokes

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Makes me wonder why they even capped it in the first place. Probably weren't expecting such a backlash from the users about it.