Phone options and Display time-out

jrw678

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
1) The actual phone options on the EVO seem to be limited. Although the device is much more sophisticated than the Nokia flip-phone I was previously using on AT&T, my old Nokia actually allowed me to customize the number of times a particular tone would ring. For instance, I have a custom ring for one of my friends that is only 2-seconds long. I want it short on purpose and I only want it to ring once. However, the EVO will play this 2-second ring about 6 times -- over and over and over again -- until the call is routed to my voice-mail. Is there a way to make this ring only once, then go silent until the voice-mail picks it up?

2) Is there a way to set the main ringer volume "low" for a typical call but loud (at a different volume) for certain people that I designate?

3) Is there a way to "wake up" the device from sleep (when the screen times-out) by means other than pressing the small power button on top? I'm afraid this will wear out this button long before my 2-yrs are up using the device (probably longer since I keep my phones for a while).

4) I know I can adjust the amount of time for the "Display/Screen time out" but can I separately adjust the time in which the screen locks? For instance, if I select the screen to time-out after 2-minutes (go black to save the battery), can I also set the screen to NOT lock for an additional 8-minutes?

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the AC forums!

1) You can probably do this by just having a custom ringtone that is long enough to go to voicemail before it cycles again.

2) I don't see this feature as I was used to something similar on my Blackberrry, but you could again use a quieter custom ringtone.

3) There may be a lock screen app that could do this (or a ROM), but the EVO only has 3 physical buttons.

4) You can adjust the time from the display / screen time out to the lock screen, but that means the patter or pin lock screen, not the "slide down" one. The "slide down" can be removed with an app or ROM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair