Phone is 2.1, want to upgrade to 2.2 Help

andmcdon

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I've stuck with 2.1 for a while and I'm trying to upgrade to 2.2 Froyo

Through Settings --> System Update, I tried to update today. My phone downloaded update 3.26.651.6 but my phone reboots then just sits at a screen with an exclamation point ! surrounded by a triangle next to the android robot symbol.

Does it take hours to install? Am I doing the right thing?

Thanks for the help.

HYDE

Banned
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I've stuck with 2.1 for a while and I'm trying to upgrade to 2.2 Froyo

Through Settings --> System Update, I tried to update today. My phone downloaded update 3.26.651.6 but my phone reboots then just sits at a screen with an exclamation point ! surrounded by a triangle next to the android robot symbol.

Does it take hours to install? Am I doing the right thing?

Thanks for the help.

Just did it last night and it worked like a charm. PM me if you need any other info.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-4g-roms-hacks/19278-how-unroot-return-stock.html

From there just download the OTA from your phone and install it. Keep in mind, this will return your phone to stock.

eldub1

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
To my fellow Android lovers, please be patience with that person. We all started like this. I know some day real soon I'll be asking a bunch of questions.

HYDE

Banned
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Thanks so much

If it is not too late, go with BigRick's suggestion. It can be done without having to wipe your phone clean. I did it earlier today and it works almost perfect. I just need to figure out why my wireless tether isn't working. Other than that, I am very happy with it. EVO runs like greased lightening!

Follow all the steps in the link except for the one on whiping the phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo