stock 2.2 Evo users. Thoughts on the new update?

smileshappy

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Yes, the Froyo update required the same adjustments.

I see we got a radio update (baseband 2.15.00.09.01) and PRI update (1.77_003). My 3G access has been slooooow at the office so far. Hoping it's just network congestion. 4G works great.

I noticed This morning on way in to work my signal bars were full a lot more than last night on way home. I also have 2 bars of signal sometimes 3 in my office. I use to only get 1 or zero yesterday before update.

One more thing I have noticed... WiFi seems much faster now. At first thought it was just me. But pages are loading much quicker.

To me the keyboard just flies now. I don't seem to be making as many errors now. No lag!

The gallery pics scroll very fast with no lag!

Everyone that jumped to epic due to the fps cap is probably like damn!

mvpilot172

May 7, 2010
Visit site
It blew my mind! Never thought this phone was lagging but I was wrong. Much more responsive now. I also noticed a huge improvement in gallery loading of pics speed.

eagle63

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to amend my earlier statements that the smoothness is very minor. After having used it for the day, I'm finding that it all depends on the app. Some things are much smoother, and some are about the same. For example, scrolling through the launcher and through the Peep twitter app are still pretty choppy. However, the mail and gmail apps are definitely better, as is the photo gallery.

I haven't tried any games yet, but I'm anxious to see if they've improved too.

LoveMyPhone

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Well, so far, I LOVE THIS UPDATE!!!!!
I guess I didn't realize how "choppy" it was until this fix ;) When I'm scrolling web pages I have to be careful now or "they get away from me",LOL!
I was really impressed by the Evo before and was very happy with it but now, I really do LOVE MY PHONE!!!:cool:

mrcam216

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Just like most people, I did not think it would make a big difference. But after taking hours to figure out how to unroot my phone and get this installed, i notice a big difference. (please dont ask "if you were rooted, why didnt you instal a custom rom that removed the fps.")
Everything is so much smoother.
So my question to the Epic people is, how does this phone compare now? Minus the screen.
Also, Does this do anything for the battery?

Rsximporter99

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
For common folk 'feeling' the difference is FPS will be minimal...if you are the type that can tell the difference from a 720p to 1080i or 1080p on a tv for that matter than you would definetly appreciate this FPS fix alot more than others....I work in the A/V industry so i do have a keen eye when it comes to video and all I can see is that this update defitnetly makes the fone feel faster and smoother ..... Along with that it looks like they have fixed other things aswell, still looking to see if the Texting bug was fixed...my hunch is 'yes' the one where the wrong thread would come up when tapping on another....texting on the keyboard in general is more responsive, the APP tray is a simple test you can do...just run your finger on it and everything happens quick before you would see lag or it would feel like some frames were left out. My facebook app is currently working now...my videos LOOK ALOT BETTER in 720p recording now than the nasty choppy stuff we had a few days ago...i was using wvga till now i can actually go back to 720p. My gallery loads faster...i never paid attention to the audio quality but many here are stating that has improved aswell.

msoprano13

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Feels like a new phone. Great tracking and games are playing a lot better. Flash is freaking out though. Sound is running slow... like slow motion slow, not lagging behind. Kinda creepy.

I had to adjust my account syncs because it reset them after the update.
Also had to adjust the Sprint notifications.
for some reason i didnt have to adjust mine after the update. i checked and they were still all grayed out and set to manual

smileshappy

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I did not have to adjust anything. I did have to go through the keyboard tutorial set up again (it was 4 in the morning when I did this) this is all I think I had to do.

I don't have any bugs at all so far.

Has anyone taken pictures yet since the update? One thing I have not done yet. Wondering if anything changed there.

Quick Storm

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I don't think I got the update. I manually checked and it says my phone is up to date. Using neocore I'm still getting 27 fps. I tried re-booting and still no update. What gives?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Quick Storm

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Got update and there is a big difference in the responsiveness of the phone. I like it. But I'm still getting only 28.4fps thru neocore, I thought the 30fps was uncapped?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34