battery horrible after new update

fonefanatic

May 2, 2010
Visit site
So I updated my evo yesterday with the new update and now today the battery sucks! It only lasted about 8 hours today and I was getting 14 or more! Then I charged it a little bit. It showed about 60% and was dead within 2 hours. Anyone with this problem or can help me? :(

Mustachio

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Before this new update my phone would use the battery at about 10%/hour; after this update it uses about 16%/hour. However, I found the following charging advice on another thread (over at XDA); I plan to try it tomorrow:

To also help with Battery Life you can do these steps exactly: 1) Turn your device ON and Charge the device for 8 hours or more 2) Unplug the device and Turn the phone OFF and charge for 1 hour 3) Unplug the device Turn ON wait 2 minutes and Turn OFF and charge for another hour Your battery life should almost double, we have tested this on our devices and other agents have seen a major difference as well.

Mustachio

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I followed the steps I put in BLUE above and, well, I'm not impressed. It lasted about 11 hours under very little use, with SetCPU setting the MHz to 256 when the screen was asleep. I'll give it one or two more tries, but I'm not hopeful.

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Just like with my previous BB phones, for some reason that I don't understand, updates seem to screw up battery performance for a afew days and then settle out again.

personally, I always do 2 or 3 battery pulls and reboots after an update as it seems to calm battery issues more quickly after an update.

Again...I haven't a clue as to why but it always seems to work.

Grung

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Mine's definitely worse. Trying to figure out if something's loading that didn't used to but haven't come up with anything yet. A few more updates and my laptop will outlast my phone......

markwoll

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
The first day my battery was draining way too fast.
Checked applications and it looks like the market got stuck somehow.
Powered the phone off and rebooted.
After almost 24 hours I still had 43% this morning.
I made some short calls, surfed a little, pretty average day.
mark

justintiem28

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
My phone runs really hot and the battery drains within 4 hours after the update. My wife's EVO I havn't updated yet and is working perfectly. I havn't added any programs or anything different except for the update to the phone.

The camcorder works sometimes. Its crazy what a mess my phone is now after the update.

dekcufi

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
My phone runs really hot and the battery drains within 4 hours after the update. My wife's EVO I havn't updated yet and is working perfectly. I havn't added any programs or anything different except for the update to the phone.

The camcorder works sometimes. Its crazy what a mess my phone is now after the update.

what is running? I can turn all the radios on on my evo and i am hard pressed to kill my battery in 4 hours

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007