Any Key Wake?

myxmastrmike

May 13, 2010
Visit site
So i've been using No Lock for a while now, and I love it because I can pull out the phone and hit the volume rocker and im open for business.

But lately, ive been having a problem with pocket-dialing people. Whats happening I think, is that I am not pressing the power button enough to make the phone re-lock before im throwing it back in my pocket, so its actually remaining awake and from there im pocket-dialing lol.

Having no "slide to unlock" isnt the main issue for me, I just really like being able to use the volume rocker to wake the phone. I can hold the phone in my one hand (in the vertical non-landscape direction) and I just hit the volume and im in with my phone facing right right way. With my particular case, its not as easy to reach up with one finger and tap the power button, so the volume button is preferred.

What I'd LIKE to have (if such an app/app combo exists) is where hitting any button (power of volume rocker) will wake the phone, but I will still need to do the "slide to unlock"

Maybe using a combo of No Lock and a 3rd party screen lock app? Hell I dunno lol...

Thanks guys!

emeraldayotte

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Check out widgetlocker. It costs $1.99 in the market and will do what you're looking for. Additionally the app lets you customize your lockscreen to include additional sliders if you want or widgets.

Reactions: dangerrr

myxmastrmike

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Check out widgetlocker. It costs $1.99 in the market and will do what you're looking for. Additionally the app lets you customize your lockscreen to include additional sliders if you want or widgets.

Thats the ticket right there! Works great AND it lets me put a shortcut to my camera right on the lock screen which saves me about 2 clicks when trying to access it. And I use my camera alot, so it'll be great to have much quicker access to it...
Thanks a ton ;)

i just use the ol power button. not difficult to push it when you pull it out of your pocket.

As I said, with the case I have, access to the power button isnt as easy as with no case...

dangerrr

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks!

thanks for the tip on this app. It is exactly what I was looking for - PERFECT!
It works well and is extraordinarily customizable and useful. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol