My sms timestamps out of whack

I.R.R.V.

May 29, 2010
Visit site
i use the stock sms and here the last 24 hours it seems that when i get text messages some of the one i receive with have a timestamps that is a few hours off, causing the message to be out of sync with the conversation taking place, it always seems to happen on incoming, and it is not consistent, anyone have this happen to them or know how to fix it? i'm sure it is my end because I've had it happen from multiple threads from people on different carriers......thanks

cpolism

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I had this problem all the time. Its because your phone is popping in and out of roam. When I lived in WV my phone did this ALL the time. But here in the DC area I never have this problem anymore with full 3G bars. I also chose to only use Sprints network, no roaming. I haven't had the problem since. But that is what the problem is. 100%

SdotJ

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
It's a issue I thought the froyo update would fix yet it remains(I have the time stamp issue and I always have good signal and never roam). I have moved on to handcent sms and have no issues anymore. It's sad I have to use a third party app to replace a system app because it doesn't work properly. For all the love the sense UI gets it has a lot of hang up's that leave me wondering if HTC actually tests things out ,oh well though.

SdotJ

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Guys there's and app in the market called time stamp fix thats supposed to be the fix we need. I'm gonna test it out then make a new thread with my results. Hopefully this fix works.

PM-Performance

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
ask any true roamer. . . it doesnt matter if you roam an inch or a mile. . . roaming is roaming .

Is my F&F quote applicable here? lol

Seriously though, I have only noticed this in low coverage/roaming areas right around where it will kick over to roaming.
If happening when not roaming, then you might possibly want to check some settings maybe?

cpolism

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
ask any true roamer. . . it doesnt matter if you roam an inch or a mile. . . roaming is roaming .

Is my F&F quote applicable here? lol

Seriously though, I have only noticed this in low coverage/roaming areas right around where it will kick over to roaming.
If happening when not roaming, then you might possibly want to check some settings maybe?

I agree. Even when you think you don't roam because your sprint coverage is so good, guess again. I always caught my phone roaming sometimes even when coverage was good. It was just random times where i'd pick up the phone just to look at the service. Almost like the phone would only roam for the text message, and then go back to Sprint 3G. Lol. But I switched the setting on my phone that turned off roaming, and problem fixed.

PM-Performance

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
to further add to things, I notice wierd things when close to a possible roam area with my speedtest app. wont kick to my local cities. Will show stuff for across the country.
This could be maybe why you notice the time diff. Might be taking info from a server across the country or something for a time server.

Just an out of the blue thought that might not be related, but possible I guess.

SdotJ

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
While I agree with what your saying most people are having this issue while settings are Sprint only so I'm not understanding how it could roam. On another note it seems this time same fix app works as I have had no issues since installing it. Things could change so I will give it a day first.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol