komputer bay 16 gig class 6

smileshappy

May 17, 2010
Visit site
So I purchased the 16 gig card from komputer bay from Amazon for $44

Seeems to get good reviews. For that price I will try it.

Anyone have one of these from komputerbay?

jpdaballa

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
for that price i'm sorry to say but it seems to good to be true.... i would also like to know anyones experiences with the card...

if all is good i would buy one to replace my 16gb class 2 in a heart beat..

when you receive the card try going over 15 gb of space and see if any of your pictures or documents get erased...

can you please post the link?

Edit: i just read the reviews at amazon, it looks like everyone is doing good with the card, but not really enough people to know if these cards have the same issues as no name brand cards out there..

i also checked out buy.com for some prices on 16gb class 6 cards and they are all pretty much in the same price range (excluding sandisk)

Last edited:

smileshappy

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I will keep you posted.
Just got the email it jist shipped. Should have it thursday.

Hope it works okay. Trusting the decent ratings from amazon.
The sandisc 16 gig at radio shack goes for 99.99. But they said wait they go on sale for 49.99 at times. That one is only a class 2.
I will let you know how it goes.

jpdaballa

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, and also if you check amazon for the sandisk class 2 they are about 30$ but who wants a class two for 30 when you can get the class 6 for 44

let us know how it goes with the card

smileshappy

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Thought I would give an update.

Here are two pics. If they work.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/54468219@N06/5040271973/in/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/54468219@N06/5040891334/in/photostream/

Just got the Komputer Bay 16 gig class 6 micro sd card today.

plug it in to the EVO after trying like hell not to break the 3500 seidio battery door(that damn thing is on there).

Go to settings/sd phone storage. States 14.9 gigs. available 14.90.

I don't know how to test how fast a class 6 sd card is.. But I will say this.

I took a couple of test video's.. See even after the update. My video's were still jumpy and lagging.

Well I took a couple vids where I was moving the phone back and fourth to get some motion type shots. There is no hang up at all. plays very smooth!! So seems like this will work for me..

Seeing how looks like saving to sd card for apps will be more common in the coming weeks and years... The higher class 6 data speed should come in handy.

You know now that I mention that.. I remember I saved pandora to the new sd card. (gonna try it out right now).............

Hmmnn It acutually loaded quicker than before I had it on the phone with the old card!! Use to have almost a minute delay once opening pandora before it would play. Now it is maybe 10 to 15 seconds if that. Hmmnn interesting.

So the package came pretty quick from Amazon.. I think I found my new place to order things...

At this point I am very happy. $44.00 for a Komputer bay 16 gig class 6 micro sd card. Hmmnn not bad. Better than $99.00 at Radio Shack for a 16 gig micro sd class 2 sandisc.

If I have any issues I will let you all know.