Hey there!! I will be coming from a blackberry if I make the switch and I was just curious if the Evo has push email on it also??
    09-29-2010 09:03 PM
    Hey there!! I will be coming from a blackberry if I make the switch and I was just curious if the Evo has push email on it also??
    gmail is truly "push" email on the Evo, I'm not sure about the updated mail app and exchange accounts or what any third party apps do for exchange accounts, hopefully someone can chime in.
    09-29-2010 09:06 PM
    Any IMAP service, and Exchange, and GMail is Push capable.
    09-29-2010 09:26 PM
    yeah it sucks the stock mail app is not push
    09-29-2010 09:37 PM
    ahhh well shoot!! i was hoping that the stock one was push, or that at least one out there was! def a nice feature of bb's i guess!
    09-29-2010 09:46 PM
    ahhh well shoot!! i was hoping that the stock one was push, or that at least one out there was! def a nice feature of bb's i guess!
    The stock email client supports IMAP so there you go.
    09-29-2010 10:04 PM
    Whatever maxima is smoking, pass it around please.

The stock mail app has push email. IMAP and EAS are push, and are supported quick nicely by the stock app. The stock app also has POP3, which is not push email--so if you're dumb and setup pop3 and are complaining about the lack of push email, it's your own fault.
    09-29-2010 10:33 PM
    I came from blackberry there is instant push email by using the native Gmail app also with in Gmail set up all your other email accounts.
    09-30-2010 04:22 AM
    I love how people just take the one fail poster and take their word as law, when the rest of the posts say otherwise.
    Bodar likes this.
    09-30-2010 08:11 AM
    I use exchange active sync on the evo for work and it pushes just fine and has full sync access with calendar and contacts and email
    09-30-2010 05:19 PM
    Excellent question, I am surprised it hasn't been discussed before. BTW, has anyone noticed that your battery level drops within 10 minutes of taking it off he charger?
    09-30-2010 08:52 PM
    "Push" technology must be supported by the client AND the server through specific protocols. Blackberry, Exchange/ActiveSync and IMAP servers, clients and protocols support push. Any mail account set up with POP/SMTP protocols don't have that capability.

Some public mail services, like Yahoo, support IMAP and POP. Hotmail just added Exchange/ActiveSync support.
    10-01-2010 01:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD