I am having an issue with my EVO, 3rd party apps, and AD2P headsets. I installed a talking caller ID app called ECID and it works great on the phone. However, when I connect with an ad2p bluetooth headset, the talking caller ID function does not go through to the bluetooth headset. What is really weird is that once the bluetooth headset is connected, when a call comes in neither the talking caller ID nor the ringer will come out of the phone's speaker - nothing comes out at all. Now, if I use my old headset which is NOT AD2P ( Plantronics voyager Pro), the talking caller ID and the ringtone come out loud and clear over the phone's speaker. I tried using another app called talking caller ID from kgmoney and the exact same thing happens. Any idea why using an AD2P headset ( I tried 4 different ones - the BlueAnt T1,the jawbone ICON, The Samsung WEP3500, and the jabra extreme - thank you bestbuy) would keep the ringer and the talking caller ID from coming out of the phone' speaker but using a non ad2p bluetooth headset does not?
    09-30-2010 07:22 AM
    I'm noticing the same thing. Maybe someone will have an answer at this time.
    03-12-2011 08:17 AM
    Thats odd???I had the EVO and used that same app but with my Sena SMH10 and it worked like a champ!! I had no problems what so ever!!! Now they've had some upgrades since this was written,so perhaps your in good standing now?? I hope so!!
    09-08-2011 09:31 AM
    I'm using a Blue Ant Q2 (much improved audio quality over the Q1) and it automatically reads the callers name or number if not in contacts as well as texts. (When the Blue Ant app is installed).
    09-13-2011 01:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD