Help! Front facing camera doesnt work :(

newmomto1

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
So I have had my evo for several months now and just for the first time tried to use the front facing camera....it doesnt work!
When I try to set it to front facing it is still in the regular mode. Any idea whats wrong???????????????

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
let's back it up a second--

how are you attempting to access the front facing camera?

through an app?
through settings?
through camera setting? (camera--depress ">" icon on screen--depress bottom WHEELS/COGS icon--top setting "switch camera")

newmomto1

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
let's back it up a second--

how are you attempting to access the front facing camera?

through an app?
through settings?
through camera setting? (camera--depress ">" icon on screen--depress bottom WHEELS/COGS icon--top setting "switch camera")

this way:

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
there are Dialer Codes for this sort of thing. i used them on my SamsungMoment(RIP) and was able to test the functionality of all parts of the phone.

if you're rooted, or on 2.1 still
## Codes (Programming Codes) Listing and 2.2 Dialing Fix - xda-developers
has a ton of dialer codes that you can use to access menus of your phone.

i was unable to find one specifically for the camera (but i'm froyo, so it doesn't work for me anyways)

but i'll keep looking and post one if i can find one.

might have to go and become friends with a SprintTech :) still under that 1yr HTC warranty--so you're covered for a replacement!

UPDATE: some users (via posts) are reporting their camera doesn't work AFTER they recently upgraded their firmware (on 9/23) to remove the FPS cap. this might be a larger issue than just your phone, might want to call Sprint to check.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad