Xbox Live and HTC Evo through Sprint

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Okay well I tethered my Evo to my 360 to test this for you, Using the paid for mobile hotspot. In a 3g area with 3-5 bars (it jumps but stays at 5 the most).
I tethered playing Halo Reach online. Played for about 3 hours or so with only one connection loss( got a phone call haha) ... But other than that there was no lag and no problems. Just make sure you tell people not to call you :)
Thanks...just what I needed to hear.

tndave

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I can also verify that the tethering works fine on Xbox Live. I just spent a couple of months using the rooted wifi tether and pdanet too. I don't have a wifi receiver on my xbox, so I had to tether to my laptop, bridge the connection, and run a network cable to my xbox! Where there's a will, there's a way. And no, Xbox Live uses very little data

deaofly

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Well I pay for the $30 hotspot feature, and i play online woth my ps3. My ping on Warhawk is between 128 and 212. I have no lags and i also stream movies to my Netflix box with no problems.

Raf

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Wait...what! Folks are using their EVOs to hotspot an Xbox over Live?

I have all this yet don't even try. I figured the latency would be no where near remotely possible to use for online gaming.

Raf

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
My best latency ever came in at 130ms. Meanwhile, on actual cable broadband, it ranged from 16-35. A farcry to say the least.

deaofly

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I have to take mine to sprint as my wifi is having issues. I keep my Evo starpped (lol no really I do) to my back room window to get a 2 bar 4 g signal. But for a while my connection was always 100% or 95%. Now for the past few weeks, its been 32% to 62%. I even backed up my data, did a factory reset, and restored the phone. No go, still same resaults but this times my ps3 is even closer. I put my phone on 3g and get 5bars sitting right next to my system and it says it 85% wifi signal, so i have to take mine back to sprint for a repair. But even on 3g it works very well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol