Setup EVO with Google Apps Account?

o_swas

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

I'll soon by buying a new EVO and I need some help/advice. I understand that every Android device needs to be tied to a Google account.

My question: I have a personal Google Apps domain and email, such as me@somedomain.com. Can I use this email address when I setup Android, or does it need to be a GMail (ending in @gmail.com) account?

I'm really hoping I can use my Google Apps account as this one has all of my contacts that I want to automatically sync with the EVO.

Thank you!!!

eye4ni

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Agreed, you can set up your Evo with the Google Apps account, this is what I use also. EXCEPT: You cannot use this account for buying apps in the market, kind of ridiculous if you ask me. I am so annoyed that Google Apps accounts have so much trouble using the same services that Gmail accounts do, it pisses me off. We have NO Google Buzz or Youtube accounts either. What I did was set up a GMail google account in addition to my Google Apps account, and use this second account for the other stuff. You should have no problems otherwise as far as syncing your contacts etc.

o_swas

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Just curious but couldn't you get a gmail account and sync with it then the phone? Just wondering..

I could, but my Apps account is my "main" account where I receive most of my email and keep my contacts. I do have a GMail account, but I use it for specific purposes.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I could, but my Apps account is my "main" account where I receive most of my email and keep my contacts. I do have a GMail account, but I use it for specific purposes.

You can choose to not sync contacts and calendar in each gmail account so you can do it that way also, multiple gmail addresses including google apps accounts are all fine though.

mploc1

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Agreed, you can set up your Evo with the Google Apps account, this is what I use also. EXCEPT: You cannot use this account for buying apps in the market, kind of ridiculous if you ask me. I am so annoyed that Google Apps accounts have so much trouble using the same services that Gmail accounts do, it pisses me off. We have NO Google Buzz or Youtube accounts either. What I did was set up a GMail google account in addition to my Google Apps account, and use this second account for the other stuff. You should have no problems otherwise as far as syncing your contacts etc.

I can make purchases just fine. The YouTube and buzz info is correct.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilsgutkowski