i need some help, please

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
apparently they just launch 4g in my area and that just messed up my phone . to fix it , i had to hard reset eveeything. My main issue now is simply just trying to do a manual update of froyo 2.2 . Yes, ive read the thread

http://www.androidcentral.com/epic-4g-update-pushing-out-heres-how-manually-update

My post is actually the last one on there... did anyone run into that problem and found a solution?

You won't be able to update having those hacks on your current ROM, to accept the OTA and have it properly install.

You can leave unrevoked forever on to maintain S-OFF but you're on a rooted rom with a custom recovery.

I would suggest running a RUU to bring your phone back to stock if that's what you really want or going over to XDA and installing the rooted version of the OTA through clockworkmod.

snake411

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Thanks man, i did it and it worked! I really really, reallly appreaciated ur help! I got everything up and running!,my 4g is finally working in nyc baby! Dude this thing is running at peak speeds of up to 7mbs, average 5mbps! That is fast as my home internet connection.

Do you guys have 4g? I was just wondering whats the max upload speed u get, and rhe average? Im only gertibg 1 up, 1.5 at best... is that normal?

snake411

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Guys check out this screen shot of what speed im getting from my 4g!

483f279f-c913-b1ce.jpg

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

snake411

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Ok guys I have another question...
I obviously have the 2.2 update and I was wondering if I could get the over the air updates. You know the new ones? For the fps issues,etc...or will getting any ota updates mess my phone up? Remember I have the rooted froyo 2.2

Thx

Sent from my Evo 4g

Trust

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Ok guys I have another question...
I obviously have the 2.2 update and I was wondering if I could get the over the air updates. You know the new ones? For the fps issues,etc...or will getting any ota updates mess my phone up? Remember I have the rooted froyo 2.2

Thx

Sent from my Evo 4g

guess what. You now need to find a rooted version of the OTA and flash that sorry :)

snake411

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Wow. Ok, I'm just trying to get the update that removes the 30 fps cap. Is there a rooted one of those I can download?

Sent from my Evo 4g