Calendar events older than 30 days are NOT on my EVO calendar

jnussb9328

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone have this problem and if so how do you fix ??

I have 8 years of single events and recurring events on my Google Calendar. When I sync my Sprint HTC EVO the single events show on my phone for only the past 30 days or so, the old recurring events do show on my phone.

wwjd4pk#AC

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried going into Settings, then Accounts & Sync. Change your email account to sync all email and not just past month.

Sent from my Sprint Evo 4g using Tapatalk

Brainerd

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
This has really frustrated me as well. I've posted a complaint on Google's Android Code Issue site. Here's a link: Calendar app won't sync events older than 1 month.

The only go-around that I use for now is to go into the Web browser on your EVO. Go to http://www.google.com/calendar, and log in. Through the Web browser interface, you will be able to view and search all of your old appointments.

Hope that helps until Google fixes this huge oversight.

pistos

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I have the same problem. Apparently, the Google Calendar app on the phone only caches a month or so of data.

What I did to help deal with the problem is install the app "Calendar Companion". (It is available in the market.) It will search your entire Google calendar. That way I am able to view old and far into the future events. Works pretty good. Unfortunately, I am not able to edit any of those events via that app.

To make the search process as easy as possible, I added Calendar Companion to the Google search app so I can easily select it, or have it included in universal searches.

Hope that helps.

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
My calendar goes back also. Exact entries as Google online. When you click the calendar (so it goes to the white-ish calendar), then hit Menu, then More, Calendars, is PC Sync checked? Guessing maybe that's a setting that would help?

pistos

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
My calendar goes back also. Exact entries as Google online. When you click the calendar (so it goes to the white-ish calendar), then hit Menu, then More, Calendars, is PC Sync checked? Guessing maybe that's a setting that would help?

Why would having PC Sync checked make any difference for the Google calendars? They are two different things as far as I know. The PC Sync is for syncing with non-Google calendars that you have on your phone and your PC with say Outlook, correct?

jnussb9328

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
tried checking the PC Sync setting....no change, my Google Caledar on the EVO only goes back 30 days or so on non-recurring entries...any other ideas ??

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Whoa, wait, I'm mistaken. My calendar goes back past 30 days only for recurring events also. What confused me was, I do have one event, on July 18th, it's an all day event, just this year. I just looked back July and it's as you describe. Sorry for the misinformation.

Edit: By any chance do you have any Labs enabled? I have Event Flair.

Last edited:

I.R.R.V.

May 29, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone's Google calendar stopped syncing with phone? Just checked mine and it shows no events. I rebooted, resynced, and nothing. Stock 2.2 and stock calendar.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
update - i just cleared the cache on my calendar and calendar storage via the settings panel on EVO (i did this so all birthdays would sync) and now i see that my calendar only syncs back for 30 days. very strange. using Gmail. all events older than 30 days are still on Gmail calendar on PC side yet EVO only has 30 days or newer.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
someone posted an odd and cumbersome solution -

------------------------

Comment 150 by mauricejrichard, Oct 05, 2010
This is what worked for my EVO - a modified version of posts 66 and 74 (mucho thanks to Wagebo and greg.dr). I had to sync for each year manually.

1. From the home screen hit menu and go to Settings - Accounts & Sync.
2. Turn off the Background Data and Auto-sync.
3. Switch to Airplane mode to disable phone and GPS (because if you get a call or sms during the process, it corrects the time), then re-enable Wi-Fi so you can sync.
4. Go to Settings - Date & Time.
5. Turn off Automatic then Set Date to your earliest appointment year (e.g. 1/1/97) and hit set.
6. Restart phone.
7. Go to Settings - Applications.
8. Select Manage Applications and choose All.
9. Find Calendar in the applications list, select it and choose Clear Data (it will warn you about losing all files just hit OK).
10. Do the same for Calendar Storage.
11. Go to the Calendar application. Choose Menu - More - Calendars and select All calendars. Make sure each calendar type is checked.
12. Go back into Settings - Accounts & Sync.
13. Select the Google account, then tap Sync Calendar to sync. Do not sync gmail or contacts.
14. Be sure the date it lists for the last sync is the date you selected, and you may want to hit sync once or twice more to be certain the sync was completed.
15. Once sync has completed for the year selected, choose Settings - Date & Time. Change the date to Jan 1 of the following year (e.g. 1/1/98). Complete steps 12 - 14 for the new year.
16. Repeat step 15 for each year until the present year.
17. Once complete go to Settings - Date & Time and select Automatic.
18. Go to Settings - Accounts & Sync and turn on Background Data and Auto-sync if desired.

I ended up with 7.10MB in my Calendar Storage database and it took about 30 minutes for this process. Hope this helps until Google fixes this glaring problem.

Issue 3672 - android - Calendar app won't sync events older than 1 month - Project Hosting on Google Code

Reactions: Brainerd

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone successfully tried this multi step solution ?

in the EVO's Clock app, i changed time/date from Automatic to Manual and then changed the date way back to 1-1-2009. then i went to apps-->Calendar and cleared cache. then i went to apps--->Calendar Storage and cleared cache. then i went to Calendar App and did menu--->settings--->refresh (sync). and waited until sync was done. then i went back to Clock app and selected Automatic Time/Date to bring my device back to today's date.

(on a side note - i first accidentally selected 11-1-11 and got a weird Google Voice alert stating "we have a problem". anyone know what this was about? i never use GV.)

prior to this "fix" no dates prior to Sep showed up on my EVO stock Calendar app OR Jorte. now after the fix it goes all the way back to my first Gmail event (June 2009).

so - maybe try it but select the date of your oldest appointment.

let us know if it works.

also be sure to check out Jorte if you haven't already. great free app.

Jorte - What is Jorte?

good luck.

snowwy66

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
i can't even get my google calendar to sync on the pc and internet side of things anymore. let alone getting my phone to pull down the events. to which it don't.

i had a websight that had a calendar of events that updated as events were added. i had it so that it went to my google calendar which was automatically updated with the websight. then the phone would pull the events down.

now i get nothing. from anything.

only i get now is birthdays from facebook.

EDIT:: ALLRIGHTY, figured out to export the file as an outlook file, (even though i don't have any outlook installed). then let google calendar import the file. now i have on phone again.

Last edited: