Evo Update!

deaofly

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
The only fail is HTC's schedule update notice. I have friends with Evo's and its week later when I ask them if they got the new update. They all say no, every update they got was a week or 2 later then release, and that's from me telling them. Every last one of them has the boxed check marked to look for updates but it never works.

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
The only fail is HTC's schedule update notice. I have friends with Evo's and its week later when I ask them if they got the new update. They all say no, every update they got was a week or 2 later then release, and that's from me telling them. Every last one of them has the boxed check marked to look for updates but it never works.

The updates aren't pushed immediately for a few reasons:

1. If an update breaks something, it's much easier to deal with it on the small scale of manual updaters vs trying to fix a couple million busted phones all at once

2. If it's for the most part minor fixes and feature enhancements, no need to push it. Basically goes along with number 1.

3. Pushing the update to everyone at once would just cause jammed servers and the people that are on top of every update would be in an uproar if they couldn't download immediately because of overloaded servers. Probably not a huge concern but I'm sure it's considered.

Edge767

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Please tell me what a update is, is it a new phone?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Hi upperking,

No, the update we're referring to is a firmware update that patches or fixes elements of the phone in regards to its operating system. These fixes can repair or update parts of the phone ranging from a feature, a function, or fixing a bug.

The latest update removed the 30 fps cap on the Evo (which was big news, indeed!).

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Please tell me what a update is, is it a new phone?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

To make sure you have the latest version of software for your phone you can :

(from a home screen) select Menu > Settings > System Updates > HTC Software Update (you can also check the other options too, the PRL has been updated a few times since we've all gotten our Evos).