No Landscape mode, Please help...

Jay730

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Just got a replacement phone from asurion and for some reason I can't get it to go into landscape orientation :confused:

I went into settings and turned on auto rotate screen and nothing... I just rooted my phone if that matters... Any help would be amazing, thanks in advanced.

TWC_SouthPhilly

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Just got a replacement phone from asurion and for some reason I can't get it to go into landscape orientation :confused:

I went into settings and turned on auto rotate screen and nothing... I just rooted my phone if that matters... Any help would be amazing, thanks in advanced.

Are you running HTC Sence and the stock 2.2???

You need to either download a 3rd party launcher app (LauncherPro, Zeam or ADW) or find a custom ROM that enables it.

Stock Sense doesn't landscape the home screens or the launcher.

Jay730

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Sorry fellas I should have been more clear, I can't go landscape in any mode ie the web browser and text messaging... No custom roms I'm running stock 2.2...

IIJBII

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Sorry fellas I should have been more clear, I can't go landscape in any mode ie the web browser and text messaging... No custom roms I'm running stock 2.2...

Have you gone into the setting to make sure "Auto-rotate screen" is checked?

from the home screen press - menu -> settings -> display -- You should see a checkbox for "Auto-rotate screen". Make sure its checked and let us know.

IIJBII

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
illskill - This seems odd. Others may have (better) suggestions but I'm thinking a wipe "may" fix the problem. I'm not sure what could be causing this.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX