Need Your Evo Epic Thoughts

zuma

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Please try to be balanced ... :)
I have my choice right now between the EVO and the Epic 4G which would you select and a reason why please?

Thanks all!

Yourdogsdead

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Well, we can't answer that question for you. What are your preferences? A physical keyboard, games, a big screen. Perhaps a preference of manufacturer.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
There have been a bunch of these threads and after reading most of them I will tell you this.

Set aside an hour to two hours and go to the Sprint store, try both phones. Play with the apps, heck even install things from the market if you want.

Take pictures and compare the quality. Experience the differences between the two launchers, see how the epic 4g fits in your hand when using the slide out keyboard for typing and try the htc keyboard out on the Evo. If you're a "communicator" then really get a feeling for how each of them feel in your had.

They're both fast, bad a$$ Android 4g phones.

One caveat that I would mention though, is if you plan to root and hack your phone then check out the development sections both here and at XDA. IMO there's a strong htc custom development community, don't get me wrong the epic has it also but to me, it's not as popular.

A lot of the phone you pick will be how it feels to you, each of these phones are plenty capable. that being said you'll have 30 days to exchange it as well if you choose one and don't like it as much.

You'll end up with one of the best phones either way!

Reactions: zuma

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Another one of these threads? :/

Just try them out and/or read threads around here.
I dont want to see any fanboy-ness so im not coming back in this thread.

Goodluck.

treotraveler

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
I have one of each. both excellent phones, I like both the Epic and Evo equally.

Decisions, Decisions, which one to like more......

thekarens

May 18, 2010
Visit site
We have both. I prefer the Evo for less pixelated look and slimmer design. My partner prefers the brighter colors and keyboard of the Epic. Try them both at a Sprint store.

Sent from my CM6 powered Evo

EvoOWNSu

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
I have yet to try the epic, but just from what I hear about it I know that I would stick with my evo. I love love love the big screen, because I have big hands. And its very slim. But its already been said. Whatever phone You end up with will be fine. They're both Android devices :) its a win win.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

aznmode

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Every Evo vs Epic thread and opinions on each phone are subjective. You really wont be able to figure this out based on peoples opinion and the best judge would be yourself. Trust me I've been there between the Evo and Epic. Without having both in my hands and testing them for atleast a week, I wouldn't have been able to decide which one to go with. Each had their own advantage/disadvantage based on what I wanted to use a phone for. In the end I stuck with the Evo since it is more mature with all the latest updates (froyo, fps, etc) and it has the best dev support out of the 2. I didn't wanna have to wait for Samsung to release froyo and did not care for the kb. Again this is my opinion and might not suite your wants/needs.

Now here is what you can do to obtain both phones. If you are eligible for an upgrade, get the phone that you will most likely go with. Then open up a new line and get the other phone. With Sprint you have 30 days to return or cancel the new line. Try out both phones for atleast a week or so. If you decide to keep the Evo then just cancel the new line and return the Epic and get a full refurn on everything. (this is what i did).

If you do decide you want the Epic then you technically have 30 days to exchange the Evo for whatever else you like. In this case the Epic. Then cancel the other new line with the Epic assigned to that line.

If you are as torn as I was this is the only way to determine which is best for you.
Now enjoy the one you picked and whatever you do...run and dont look back!

Reactions: zuma

metal1

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Had the Epic for one week and screen color was good but that was it for me
it felt cheap and big, evo has bigger screen and still feels slimmer
performance was same to me, if rooting then right now there is so much more avail for evo
i dont use epic keyboard so that would be only reason to have it to me
Overall I am very happy with evo, its a slim big screen baddass with lots of options and tweaks available!
EVO4G all the way!!!
snap20101008_004614.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech