So, my kickstand took a dump on me.

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Alright well, i fiddle with my kickstand in my pocket sometimes every now and then and just the other day it decided to start acting funny.

First i popped it open and it made loud click half way while i was opening it and then became limp. When i closed it, it snapped shut and was tight while closed, im talking abnormally tight.

Then yesterday when i popped it out to watch some youtube, it sprung open and now wont close. it just pops back open half way when i shut it.

Am i just totally boned? I watched a guide about how take it apart, and replace the kickstand (it looks simple enough) and am strongly considering buying/stealing a dummy unit to switch the kickstand into my Evo.

I do not have insurance (i know, i know) so is there any other options for me?

Please dont tell me "well you shoulda had insurance" or "why did you fiddle with it you dope" type of comments.

Thanks.

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Alright well, i fiddle with my kickstand in my pocket sometimes every now and then and just the other day it decided to start acting funny.

First i popped it open and it made loud click half way while i was opening it and then became limp. When i closed it, it snapped shut and was tight while closed, im talking abnormally tight.

Then yesterday when i popped it out to watch some youtube, it sprung open and now wont close. it just pops back open half way when i shut it.

Am i just totally boned? I watched a guide about how take it apart, and replace the kickstand (it looks simple enough) and am strongly considering buying/stealing a dummy unit to switch the kickstand into my Evo.

I do not have insurance (i know, i know) so is there any other options for me?

Please dont tell me "well you shoulda had insurance" or "why did you fiddle with it you dope" type of comments.

Thanks.
Simple ,Take it apart reset kickstand spring

Yourdogsdead

May 15, 2010
Visit site
You probably don't even need to replace the kickstand itself, I am not too sure how it's assembled. Looks like it's one piece, it might be covered under the normal warranty. Bring it in and see.

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
You probably don't even need to replace the kickstand itself, I am not too sure how it's assembled. Looks like it's one piece, it might be covered under the normal warranty. Bring it in and see.

Planning on it, youd be suprised how annoying it is to have the kickstand out 24/7

I really dont want to unroot though... Heck i wont untill after i know if its convered or not. Im just a dare devil. haha

Yourdogsdead

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Well, you may get lucky and not have to unroot. They may service it as is, it's a visible hardware problem. If you do have to unroot, just do a nandroid backup, that should backup your entire ROM, settings and all.

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Well, you may get lucky and not have to unroot. They may service it as is, it's a visible hardware problem. If you do have to unroot, just do a nandroid backup, that should backup your entire ROM, settings and all.

I know about nandroid silly haha.

I reckon ill just drain my battery or pop it out before i turn it over to em, IF its even covered.

Marty1781

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
The kickstand may not be covered by Sprint. I walked into a Sprint store when the slider mechanism of my previous TP2 was acting up and they told me that it was a "cosmetic defect" and that since it was not affecting my ability make a phone call or use the internet, they would not cover it. They suggested that I contact HTC so don't be surprised if they tell you something similar.

imtravis

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
Okay, this has to be said....errr...typed...

"You'll go blind playing with your kickstand"...

On the serious side, I'd just take it in, and hope they would be nice enough to fix it, or risk taking it apart.

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Why did you fiddle with it you dope?

haha btw, did you ever get the letters?

Still no letters :/

But! I got my kickstand fixed :D

I took it in and I kept my battery in my pocket so I didn't even bother unrooting haha. They replaced the whole inside back plate (the red part) and a got a new camera lens even though mine wasn't scratched haha.

Gotta love sprint.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
My kickstand is also starting to make a weird hinge issue noise and is getting super super lose. So Sprint will fix this since I have the insurance?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol