Hello everyone,

I am having a small problem that I was hoping someone could help me with. Often times when I move my Evo into landscape mode, the display will get stuck in landscape, no matter which way I orientate/move the screen. The only time the screen will go vertical again, is when I go to the home-screen, or any other screen where landscape is not possible. As soon as I load any app that allows landscape (i.e, market, web browser, etc, etc) the display immediately the display switches to landscape, even with the phone held completely vertical. Annoying. Undecided

I have done the G-Sensor calibration located under 'Display Settings'. The bubbles appear to be floating dead on target. I have installed all the latest updates (firmware, htc software, prl, profile). The only fix I have found is to disable the 'Auto-rotate screen' option located under 'Display Settings'. This sucks though, because then I lose landscape in the web browser and other programs.

P.S. If I restart the phone it won't have the problem for a while... it's not until you turn the phone to landscape once or twice.

Thanks for your time and help.

- Jason
    10-09-2010 04:31 PM
    Sounds like a faulty sensor, get it looking really bad and then take it to sprint and show them.

Tell them you've already done a factory reset.
    10-09-2010 05:18 PM
    I am curious does your home screen and sense- everything else work in landscape? I got my evo to do that once I do not know how as soon as my screen timed out it fixed itself.
    10-09-2010 05:21 PM
    nope, well im rooted and dont have any sense on my phone so... yeah
    10-09-2010 05:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD