10-17-2010 01:57 AM
50 12
tools
    I have had my Evo since launch day and must say I love even more now than he day I got it. This is hands down the finest phone I have ever owned. Having owned windows and bkackbery phones this hands down decimates all. I love the customisability and the top notch features. Since purchasing this phone I have also found that I almost never use my pc, something I thought would never happen. So in short, I love this phone and everything about android. Just needed to express my love for my launch day Evo and android.
    10-12-2010 12:22 AM
    ^^^^^^^^Everything he said, except the launch day bit...... oh and I came from the pre, and the treo 755p before that.
    10-12-2010 01:30 AM
    Everything he said except replace the blackberry with the Pre.
    10-12-2010 01:38 AM
    Everything he said except replace the blackberry with the Pre.
    +1. Side note, I definitely won't go back to Palm if the leaked Palm Pre 2 rumors are true. What a joke.
    10-12-2010 01:53 AM
    I agree. I feel complete. I thought when I got my first Evo (the car) I was good, but I wasn't complete till this phone was mine.

You can't spell love without Evo. The only phone i'll go to is the Evo 2.
    10-12-2010 02:22 AM
    I have had my Evo since launch day and must say I love even more now than he day I got it. This is hands down the finest phone I have ever owned. Having owned windows and bkackbery phones this hands down decimates all. I love the customisability and the top notch features. Since purchasing this phone I have also found that I almost never use my pc, something I thought would never happen. So in short, I love this phone and everything about android. Just needed to express my love for my launch day Evo and android.
    Couldn't have said it better myself. In the past 3 years I have had 12 new phones. The EVO is the first phone I've had that I have no desire to get rid of. I love this thing. Its about time I found the perfect phone for me.
    10-12-2010 03:54 AM

+1 I feel the same way. I have went from the first HTC touch, every instinct, palm pre and now the Evo. I love it hands down. I waited threw it being sold out nationwide and finally got my Evo Sept 2.
    10-12-2010 04:19 AM
    i almost agree. the EVO is an awesome phone - best i ever had. but i only wish Android's Contacts and Calendar were as good as the old PalmOS. adding Jorte Calendar helps a lot. and the tight integration and automagic OTA syncing with Gmail make up for a lot. if i had one improvement suggestion for Android it would be for them to polish up the Contacts and Calendar apps a bit. make them more user friendly. make it easier and faster to enter in PIM data.
    10-12-2010 07:20 AM
    I am in complete agreement. I love having the widgets on my screen, and being able to customize them for my personal use is great. I find myself changing them all the time, and when I have free time, I am constantly searching the market and the web for different widgets and wallpapers.

Considering the fact that I have had probably 20-30 different cell phones in the last 10 years, I concur that I have no desire to change. I wanted to get an iPhone for a while, but did not want to use AT&T. Now I laugh at everyone I know who has one.
    10-12-2010 10:06 AM
    I've had the luxury of being able to jump from phone to phone over the last 3 or so years. Started with the Centro (good system on a too small phone) 6 months jumped to an Instinct(smart phone wannabe), after 6 months moved on to the Pre (good smartphone but too small for me too) 8 months and moved to the EVO on launch date. After 4 months I can say I have found the phone I was looking for. I can do and do everything I can think of with this operating system. I have found the market to be an excellent source of apps both free and paid.....and have since converted 6 others at my job to the EVO and all just love it (even the former I-phone users). I only have ONE small request......the ability for the home scenes to rotate (like when using the openhome themes apps.)
    10-12-2010 10:23 AM
    I remember getting the original Touch Pro, just prior to the CTIA Pre announcement, and jonesing for one. A few months after getting my Pre, my son got a Hero and I felt an itch to change. So I‘m certainly not immune to the desire for the next, best thing.

After owning an EVO since launch day, I can honestly say that there‘s no other device that I even have a passing interest in, although I‘m sure that‘ll change by upgrade day, June 2011.
    10-12-2010 12:00 PM
    Agree completely. I paid retail for the EVO and received it the Friday after launch. As of October 1, I am eligible for an upgrade, and I have no desire to use the discount.
    10-12-2010 01:09 PM
    I'm on the same boat with the rest of ya. I've had mine since launch day and I've not looked at another phone since. Sure, I look at their specs and read up on 'em, but none have made me even think for a moment of replacing my Evo. It's just that perfect for me.
    10-12-2010 01:15 PM
    It's a great feeling isn't it...
    10-12-2010 01:20 PM
    Agree completely. I paid retail for the EVO and received it the Friday after launch. As of October 1, I am eligible for an upgrade, and I have no desire to use the discount.
    Get a second evo and sell it nib
    10-12-2010 01:55 PM
    i have had my evo since launch day and must say i love even more now than he day i got it. This is hands down the finest phone i have ever owned. Having owned windows and bkackbery phones this hands down decimates all. I love the customisability and the top notch features. Since purchasing this phone i have also found that i almost never use my pc, something i thought would never happen. So in short, i love this phone and everything about android. Just needed to express my love for my launch day evo and android.
    ditto
    10-12-2010 02:50 PM
    i almost agree. the EVO is an awesome phone - best i ever had. but i only wish Android's Contacts and Calendar were as good as the old PalmOS. adding Jorte Calendar helps a lot. and the tight integration and automagic OTA syncing with Gmail make up for a lot. if i had one improvement suggestion for Android it would be for them to polish up the Contacts and Calendar apps a bit. make them more user friendly. make it easier and faster to enter in PIM data.
    +1

Sent from my HTC EVO using Taptalk Pro.
    10-12-2010 02:57 PM
    I completely agree. I read 9 cell phone blogs/rss daily. In the past, I would be very interested in the next best phone. There isn't one. Now, I skim over the phone announcements and read the other mobile news. I'm sure there are other great phone, but I'm just so dang happy I don't even look.
    -Happily 'married' to my phone.
    10-12-2010 03:17 PM
    I feel the same... my wife and kids are starting to hate my phone, though.
    10-12-2010 03:19 PM
    everything he said except I liked gaming more on my iphone 3GS.
    10-12-2010 05:07 PM
    I have the same feeling about this phone...
    10-12-2010 06:00 PM
    I have to say this phone is top notch. I've had blackberries, Windows, and even other android. The Evo IMHO is the best smartphone on the market.

Sent from my Evo 4G using Tapatalk.
    10-12-2010 06:21 PM
    Best phone ever. Sorry epic you cool and all but Evo is still your father.

Send from my Evo 4G using Tapatalk. Evo 4G = iPhone killer
    10-12-2010 06:30 PM
    I agree completely man. I usually get bored with phones within a few months, or its lag starts to bother me. But not on the Evo. I love it, and there's nothing on the market that could tempt me to leave it.

Especially now that I've just recently gotten into rooting, new kernels, themes. Makes me love this device that much more.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    10-12-2010 06:45 PM
    totally agree. I just told my wife this about a month ago. Ever since i got this phone i can rock this phone for my whole two years of my contract. I remember when i got my tour, i though it was good until xmas season came along and the usual trend happened, the next best phone coming out made me want it. Not this phone, even though i am eligible for an upgrade next summer, i cant even imagine wanting another phone by next summer. This is the first phone that i actually purchased an app for. Also this phone, is the reason why i will buy my son an ipod touch or a android tablet because he thinks my phone is a portable gaming system. The battery runs dead early because i run it dead. On an average phone day it can last all day, but this phone makes you want to browse the web or, basically makes you want to use it for other purposes.
    10-12-2010 07:40 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD