Camcorder Wont Work

calibergsd

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I need some help here... I went to go use my Camcorder the other day and it just wont work... It opens the app but then when I click on the Record button it just freezes then if I hit the home button the screen just goes black... The Cam seems to work and take pics this is just related to the Camcorder... thanks for your help

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Are you rooted and running a custom ROM? The camcorder relies on stagefright to function (record sound) and if the developer did not take this into account when he/she bypassed stagefright, it will cause the camcorder to stop working.

Just a thought.

Trust

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
1. in the camcorder settings uncheck the "record audio" box and see if it will record video without sound.
2. If the result of #1 is yes, have you installed any apps that control audio recording or interface with the camera?
3. Has it worked at all?
4. Have you tried a factory reset?

calibergsd

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
1. Freezes when I get to that point.
2.No havent really installed much
3. Yes it did
4. Yes tried that tonight and still doesnt work... Almost seems like the whole phone lags as well

crossont

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
IM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM!!!!

its really aggravating, I tried calling sprint, they did something that never worked and told me to go to the store. maybe ill get a new phone out of it, wouldn't mind it since i got that white spot on the screen by the keyboard. let me know if you figure anything out.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11