4G strong in dc area. battery drain makes it Useless

Marine0816

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
4G has been in the dc area for a couple of months now. But it has reached almost full potential now, so I have used my evo with the 4g enabled and I tell you that I'm getting maximum bars and the battery drain is so drastic that the evo will barely last 45 minutes. So what's the point of 4g if you can't use it without a power outlet?

deaofly

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
As more 4g phones come out, they will hava a better way to deal with battery draining issues. But 45mins is bad, you must have alot of stuff running with 4g. I can have my Evo with full bars of 4g and it last from 100% to 15% for a total of a few hours.

digmys

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I really only user 4G for tethering, at which point I plug the phone into my computer so it is charging, so I dont have this issue but I think 45 minutes may be quite a huge exaggeration.

Caitlyn McKenzie

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Make sure that your phone isn't pegged at 100% CPU usage. There is a 4G bug which sometimes causes the phone to be stuck in a loop, which is likely why your battery died so fast.

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Humm, I have 4G here, spotty, but it is here in Denver. Not officially released yet. I have been leaving my 4G radio on and using 4G with Pandora. I have not seen any difference in battery life. But then again, I am not using the stock battery. I am using a 1800mah (whatever that ending is). Generic from china but it was only $15 with charger and shipping off of eBay

Caitlyn McKenzie

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Humm, I have 4G here, spotty, but it is here in Denver. Not officially released yet. I have been leaving my 4G radio on and using 4G with Pandora. I have not seen any difference in battery life. But then again, I am not using the stock battery. I am using a 1800mah (whatever that ending is). Generic from china but it was only $15 with charger and shipping off of eBay

That's okay, the actual mah is probably 1500mah anyway. Unless the battery is larger than the stock one, the mah really isn't going to be higher (laws of physics and all that). Especially for a knock-off. :p

Marine0816

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I really only user 4G for tethering, at which point I plug the phone into my computer so it is charging, so I dont have this issue but I think 45 minutes may be quite a huge exaggeration.

fan boy alert!!! i say that im ony getting 45min. and u say its my emagination? where do you keep your Android tatoo?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463