Talking and data while on 4G

bronxty

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I've had my Evo 4G since it's debut. In the last few months, I've noticed an signal and finally a steady stream of 4G service, in the Bronx New York, where I reside. I also noticed(by chance) while I was on talking on my Evo, I still had 4G coverage and proceeded to use the Internet and even streamed video. I've done this repeatedly with no issues. NOW, I may be late but no commercials, no topics on on this site about this. Verizon, is saying they play to bring talking and data soon but Sprint already has it, what's up w/ that?

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
The 4G radio is separate from the 3g/voice radio, so it's just like wifi. On like the dinc or moto droid you can use voice with the internet on wifi.

As long as the radios are separate you're good to go.

deaofly

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
To any user of 4g here's a big battery saving tip. If you have 4g turned on and are using it, Turn Off the mobile network aka 3G. If 3g is off while your on 4g your battery will last alot longer then 3g being on. Not surely why, but i have done some test and i have better battery life on 4g with 3g off. Text messages and phone calls have to do with the CDMA and dont use 3g at all.

CB BL

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
You can talk n surf at the same time. My biggest problem is I am lucky to get a 4G signal for more than 5 mins straight. If your sitting still your okay, if your driving 4G is a joke!