New screen, better colors

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I sent my phone into repairs for the light leakage issue (Best Buy). A MONTH, yes a MONTH later I get my phone back. They said they replaced the screen. It was really the entire front of the Evo that got replaced. The sides are of a higher gloss now. Anyhow, The screen seemed to look better to me. I thought Placebo effect. So I took it to my brothers. I did not tell him they replaced the screen. He said it looked better. I did not tell my wife, and she said it looked better too.

Either

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
maybe, I can actually see the screen outdoors now. I could not do so before. That or I had a really crappy screen to start with and did not know it.

myrcgarage

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
When in outdoor, do you need to turn the brightness to Auto or high in order to see it. Or you could see it in very low setting?

supchaka

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
So is that how the service plan through Best Buy works? Its like $9 a month or something. Im glad I didnt sign up for it. You should have been able to take it to a sprint store, its under manufacturer warranty.

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
So is that how the service plan through Best Buy works? Its like $9 a month or something. Im glad I didnt sign up for it. You should have been able to take it to a sprint store, its under manufacturer warranty.

Yup. It's bad if they have to repair it, because it can take up to a month to get your gadget back. On the other hand, if it can't be repaired, they call you back in the store for a brand new one in about two weeks. If the store doesn't have any in stock when you get the call or email, your name goes to the top of the waiting list, and it shouldn't be more than a couple days anyway. Given the scarcity of the Evo, that's not bad for a new unit; none of that refurbished crap.

When I went through the process about two months ago (and Evos were very scarce then), it was exactly two weeks till I had a new one in my hands.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol