sincityk9

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone already looking forward to the next EVO Type phone? I am already telling my girlfriend how lucky she will be when she gets this phone. More power, memory, and htc. Looking forward to the next generation already.

kinster02

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm extremely happy with the Evo, had it since launch day and still find it hard to put down...with that said I'm already looking fwd to CES and Jun for hopefully the successor to the Evo. I hope we get some gingerbread to tie us over until then.

drjb74

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Do you guys think there will be that much difference between this EVO and the next gen one? What would it take for you to re-up your contract and/or pay full retail for a next gen EVO?

What kind of specs would you be looking for?
Faster Processor
Physical Keyboard
More memory
Bigger Screen!!!????

capnhowdy18

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Personally I'm happy with my Evo. While there are improvements to be made, I don't expect to see enough of them in the next installment to make me want one. Actually I hope the next installment is later, a) so we get more android updates(since the evo will be HTC big sprint phone). b) so the Evo 2 is a serious upgrade an not minor changes.

My list of changes would be

a) Better battery life. The battery life is ok, but it could be better especially with 4g. However just a small increase in battery won't make me buy a new one.

b)More physical memory. Yes we can install apps to SD, but there should be more room. Again, not buying just for this.

c)Dedicate GPU/better gaming performance. While the Evo is fast for processing data, its not the greatest for gaming.

d)A screen that is better in the daylight. Maybe amoled, or whatever they can do to make it better.

e)higher resolution screen. I mean, who doesn't want this.

f) Faster camera. The quality is decent enough for a phone, but I'd like it to be faster.

Things I do not want.

a)Physical keyboard. Phone is huge as it is.
b)Bigger screen. Again, the phone is huge as it is.

californian#AC

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Do you guys think there will be that much difference between this EVO and the next gen one? What would it take for you to re-up your contract and/or pay full retail for a next gen EVO?

What kind of specs would you be looking for?
Faster Processor
Physical Keyboard
More memory
Bigger Screen!!!????

Excellent question.

I wonder if today's price drop on the EVO to $159 or $99 depending on where you look is our first indicator that a new one is closer than we might think.

drjb74

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
How much better battery life can we expect if the processor and everything else gets bigger, faster, etc.?

I would love it to have the battery life of my Blackberry as much as the next guy, but my BB can't hold a candle to my EVO. I would be willing to sacrifice battery life for performance, to a certain extent.

I also don't think that a price drop indicates a coming replacement model. I think it indicates a coming holiday season, and the need to maintain demand and generate sales in a sluggish economy. Just my opinion, though.

Bujin#IM

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I can't imagine what the next revolutionary thing will be. On a spec basis, it doesn't look as if phones have gotten much more powerful since the release of the Nexus One, and I can't think of any major missing features. Maybe higher resolution, to address the "retina display" feature of the iPhone, and some incremental improvements to speed, UI and especially battery life?

Last edited:

drjb74

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Bujin - I agree with you. I think the next gen will have moderate "improvements," similar to the iPhone, Droid, etc. A higher resolution screen, perhaps, but I think most improvements will be in software, as that seems to develop faster that new phone models. I wonder if Gingerbread will make it to the EVO before the next model comes out?

I like the EVO. It's the best phone I have ever had, but with the cost of smartphones, it would take a pretty significant improvement for me to jump to a new version of the EVO.

anon(41073)

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I'll take the same phone with the same specs. I just want a slimmer phone. It would be nice to be as slim as my Ipod touch 4G. That would be all I would ask for.

deparson

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
You know that +1 year from the Evo launch when all the Sprint customers will be eligible for a full upgrade there will be something newer and cooler and faster and, well, you know; better.

That said, the Evo is amazing as it is except for battery life. If HTC could produce the same phone with 2x the battery life I would use my upgrade credit just for that one change.

anon(41073)

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
You know that +1 year from the Evo launch when all the Sprint customers will be eligible for a full upgrade there will be something newer and cooler and faster and, well, you know; better.

That said, the Evo is amazing as it is except for battery life. If HTC could produce the same phone with 2x the battery life I would use my upgrade credit just for that one change.

I stopped worrying about battery life when I bought an extra battery w/charger off of Ebay for $10. Yeah it would be nice to have better battery life, but I don't mind having an extra battery on hand just in case I don't make it through the day.

DougB541#CB

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Only thing i would want is a better GPU. Keep the speed of the cpu the same as its more than enough for a phone and i don't want to scarfice anymore battery life.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers