When sending SMS from contacts, how can one tell...

Lord Vader

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Here's something that is annoying the heck out of me...

When I'm sending a text message to one of my contacts who has multiple numbers (home, mobile, work), in the "TO:" field I begin to type in my contact's name and all their contact numbers pop up. OK, that's nice, but one big problem: how do I know which number is the mobile number to which I want to send a text?

Several times already I've inadvertently chosen a home phone number and the text message obviously never went through.

On the BlackBerrys I've had, when I begin to enter a contact's name in the "TO:" field, the choices that appear have an indicator present telling me which number is the mobile one; consequently, I immediately know which number to choose.

dan330

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Here's something that is annoying the heck out of me...

When I'm sending a text message to one of my contacts who has multiple numbers (home, mobile, work), in the "TO:" field I begin to type in my contact's name and all their contact numbers pop up. OK, that's nice, but one big problem: how do I know which number is the mobile number to which I want to send a text?

Several times already I've inadvertently chosen a home phone number and the text message obviously never went through.

On the BlackBerrys I've had, when I begin to enter a contact's name in the "TO:" field, the choices that appear have an indicator present telling me which number is the mobile one; consequently, I immediately know which number to choose.

good question! I want to know too

Lord Vader

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Well, if you find out first, let me know. This has really been irritating me.

BTW, is there any app out there to allow for >160 characters when texting, like the Beyond 160 or CrunchSMS apps for Blackberrys?

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
It only works for me in Portrait mode. If I use landscape, I can't tell whether it is home or mobile. I hardly ever start an SMS in portrait mode so this is kind of a pain. Anyone have a suggestion? (I just noticed this is for the Evo 4g and I have an Incredible so it may be different). I will post it there as well.

Lord Vader

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
I use Handcent, but it does NOT show the list of phone numbers in the drop down box unless you begin the SMS in portrait mode. Consequently, the drawback is still present.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance