What Alarm do you Use

paradroid

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I thought it would be a great idea to use my EVO as my alarm clock because it would keep me in the habit of finding the phone and plugging it each night. My first thought was to find an alarm that could go into an app like Pandora and start playing it.

I did some searches and found AppAlarm Pro but apparently it broke when 2.2 came out and the developer has not fixed it.

I searched the market place and there are all kinds of alarm clocks available. Do you have a favorite? What features does it have that you like?

boobie1292

May 23, 2010
Visit site
I use alarm clock plus love look and I just use songs on my phone as a ringtone.. its pretty nice looking alarm u should try it

sent from my HTC Evo using tapatalk

cportillo210

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
+1 for Alarm Clock Plus V2... It's damn good and has a decent amount of customization options. Personally I have a hard time getting up because I snooze the alarm a lot. But with the math to snooze option problem solved. Definitely worth a look.

Dochas

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Another vote for alarm clock plus. Lots of options, and the math to turn off means you can't easily turn it off while half asleep and drift off again.

LikeAChampion3

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Alarm Klock. Simple and it works well. Can choose songs from the SD card to play and I like how the snooze is customizable. Also, you can have the music slowly get louder over time so that you aren't jolted awake.

halcyonku

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I like Gentle Alarm. It has gradual alarms, control the brightness of the screen (gradual too), math snooze, adjustable snooze, mp3's for the alarm, playlist for the alarm, length of time for snooze and the alarm are adjustable and a hell of a lot more. It is crazy how customizable this alarm is. Works very well. You can do profiles with the alarms too. It even has a backup system so if your mp3 doesn't work for some reason it will sense it and play a default noise you choose. Very cool, highly recommended. If it could interact with Pandora or Slacker it would be perfect.

Bigchris

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Stock alarm.. lol.. It works perfect for me, has the options that I need, and I use a custom sound that is loud enough to get me up. It works great for me and I can have the phone in silent mode and still have the alarm sound..

ChaosShadow

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
I like Gentle Alarm. It has gradual alarms, control the brightness of the screen (gradual too), math snooze, adjustable snooze, mp3's for the alarm, playlist for the alarm, length of time for snooze and the alarm are adjustable and a hell of a lot more. It is crazy how customizable this alarm is. Works very well. You can do profiles with the alarms too. It even has a backup system so if your mp3 doesn't work for some reason it will sense it and play a default noise you choose. Very cool, highly recommended. If it could interact with Pandora or Slacker it would be perfect.

^^^^^ This.

I have the same alarm, and it really is awesome. Probably one of the most customizable alarm apps out there. I highly recommend it. Totally worth the $2 (approx) I spent.

MikeBinOK

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I have NOT had a good experience with Math Alarm on my EVO, even though the app seems highly recommended. Twice I have been unable to turn off the alarm, even though I solved the math problem and it stopped offering them to me! The first time it happened would have made a good comedy routine....I couldn't turn down the volume, I even uninstalled the app, but it didn't turn off the alarm. Turning off the phone (with the app uninstalled) resulted in the alarm still coming back on after I turned the power on again! But at least I could turn off the alarm then.

I reinstalled it and had to power down the phone to get the alarm to stop this morning. I'm not happy, though I'll write the developer and see what he says.

packerbacker

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I have NOT had a good experience with Math Alarm on my EVO, even though the app seems highly recommended. Twice I have been unable to turn off the alarm, even though I solved the math problem and it stopped offering them to me! The first time it happened would have made a good comedy routine....I couldn't turn down the volume, I even uninstalled the app, but it didn't turn off the alarm. Turning off the phone (with the app uninstalled) resulted in the alarm still coming back on after I turned the power on again! But at least I could turn off the alarm then.

I reinstalled it and had to power down the phone to get the alarm to stop this morning. I'm not happy, though I'll write the developer and see what he says.

lol that sounds awful. I would've been so pissed!

Pre-dawn raid

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site

Well at least you were wide awake after that fiasco ;). I personally use Alarm Clock PlusV2 and absolutely love it. What the native alarm clock app should be. It can make you do math (or not) and it has always turned off after I inputed the correct answer. The developer is on top of things too and always adding new features and updates.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I've had a great experience with Math Alarm. I think I can do math in my sleep now though but pretty much it has every customizable option available and only turns off after you solve a pre-determined amount of math problems at a pre-determined difficulty. I've never had any of the problems listed below but I would recommended wiping the app data and putting the alarm settings just how you like them. - If I'm not careful it's asking me What percentage is 33 out of 124 at 6:15AM... so I set it to easy but with some algebra (only did this after I found out I was in my sleep but turning the alarm off). I set it to two snoozes and have an alarm timeout of 15 minutes... this is all customizable.

packerbacker

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Gentle Alarm. I like the night display and use that as my clock when I don't need to set an alarm. I love how it fades in. I liked the pre-alarm in theory, but I'm a light sleeper so I wake up from it anyway. Either way, worth the $2 I spent or whatever it was. Very nice app. I use the Stock Alarm if I'm at school and just need a vibrating alarm to remind me to go to class or something. Works well in that situation.

drewlee

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Alarm Klock. Simple and it works well. Can choose songs from the SD card to play and I like how the snooze is customizable. Also, you can have the music slowly get louder over time so that you aren't jolted awake.

Another vote for Alarm Klock. It serves its purpose well for me. Been using it exclusively for the last few weeks as my primary "wake up" and no complaints.

JayL

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
any alarms have a widget showing how long till it goes off or what time the next alarm goes off ?
or a widget for the stock sense alarm?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan