New guy here with an App Download question

DWEB EVO

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this so bear with me. I have the 4g EVO phone and I'm having problems with some apps I've downloaded. I uninstalled one about a week ago and then noticed just recently when I went into the Market and looked at my downloads it was still there and says it's installing. Now it's not listed anywhere in my apps folder or in manage apps. And when I click on it there is no cancel or anything like that. I am also having a problem with the Angry Birds game. I tried to download that and it has now said it's installing for over a week now and there is no option to cancel. It simply says Installing and that is it. No way around it. So I found a few blogs where it said to go into Manage Applications and click on the Market and clear cache and force stop. I did that as well as completely rebooting the phone and both of these apps still say installing with no way to cancel or delete them...

Does anyone have any idea what I got myself into here?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Dave Blake

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Try this open the market do a search for the app you are having issues with open it from the list so that that app is the only app on the page giving the description of the app. At the bottom of the page it should say cancel download.

Later,
Dave

DWEB EVO

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Thanks guys. Clearing the data cleaned it up. It was weird though Dave, I couldn't find a cancel button anywhere no matter how I pulled it up. But clearing the data wiped it out...

Now I just keep getting an error saying that Angry Birds download was unsuccessful. Stating Unknown Error-18. Not sure what that's all about...

But thanks again for the help guys.

DWEB EVO

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Yeah for some reason my phone doesn't like angry birds. I tried rebooting. Took the battery out, clear cache and even tried getjar. Getjar just said installation unsuccessful. Not sure what's up....