Download email attachments - Audio - Noob question!

colestein

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Hi

I have 2 imap accounts set up on my phone. I have vonage at home and it emails mp3's of my messages. I click on the download button but and it looks like the wav file downloads but then nothing happens. How do I listen to these files? I did a search on the SD card but can't find the file.

Thanks!

japclev

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
My usual attachment process is I hit the attachment and it spins to download, depending on size is the time it takes, when the spinning stops I get a PaperClip symbol. I click that and get an open or save msg.

Is this what you see?

Reactions: colestein

RocketJeff

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Hi

... it looks like the wav file downloads but then nothing happens.

The issue you're having is probably the same issue that most people have had with listening to their work and VolIP voicemail - the Evo (and most Android phones) doesn't support the specific .wav encoding that a lot of voice mail systems use.

After seeing several recommendations, I bought WavPlayer by Dennis Lockshine from the Android market ($0.99) - it's worked for me & my wife to play work voicemail as well as voicemail from U-Verse.

The WavPlayer website is at WavPlayer for Android - hopefully it will work for you.

Reactions: colestein

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34